Switching the light cycle tmr to 12 12, have a few questions

@Dennis62 it was 82 f light on at 40% RH when the light went off. She’s sealed off so I can’t get the RH right now or temp.

1 Like

Vpd would be about 1.69 at the 82degrees 40% rh

Keep an eye on rh don’t allow it to drop lower than 35%. Limiting the amount of times the seal is opened will allow her to to build her own climate inside the area.

2 Likes

With a 4" exhaust fan you can get on amazon with a charcoal filter even, you can set up the fan to use with the transfer duct at the floor as mentioned before, you can exhaust the fan out of the closet at the top of your curtain and seal it for light leaks and it will bring in cool fresh air thru the transfer duct at the bottom. (This acts like the screened doors your should have open on your tent) at the same time it will also pull the heat out of the closet.
Yes, running your lights at night will help keep temps down since outside temps are lower as well. Its tough to keep conditions right when your fighting outside heat and inside heat in your grow space or tent at the same time, so running your lights at night saves money on the juice and helps keep conditions in line.
BTW, they look great so far!

1 Like

@abouttime o I was worried about the humidity and temp in there over night but it has stayed steady! Here’s a cpl pics! What’s up with the curly leaf? image|375x500

1 Like

Hi @Dell5001, There’s a few things that can cause cat claw…too much water…too.little water and nute issues. Check the diagnosing leaf section in the grow guide for a start so you can narrow down what it might be.

1 Like

Temps look good I run 87 and 50%, they say great temp 75 but 82 is good. Your humidity probably should be a little higher during flower as the plant will increase water intake. You’ve got air in, things look good, and @abouttime has you on the curl. But take pictures with burple light off, really can’t tell what is going on except in natural light.

1 Like

@Dennis62 @Randy_Marsh @PharmerBob @abouttime @Caligurl

Ok so I got some measurements but not sure, the EC said 5275, ph is 5.68 and the ppm is 2208, this is after feeding her those measurements are from the runoff.

Have you measured TDS of the ingoing solution? Can’t remember if you are adding nutrients or not.

Hey man, I think your ph is too low…I also run FF OF and HF…I mix em together 50/50 and add 20% more perlite. They recommend 6.0 to 6.8ph.
I will routinely aim for 6.5 since the runoff always drops in ph during veg and flower. And I’ll do a few 6.2ph just to cover the bases as far as nute availability for the plant is concerned…
When it gets into the fives I do a 2 gal sledgehammer flush with 6.5 water and then a few more gallon till I hit my numbers. Then I do a light nute feed after, since a good flush will wash out most of the nutes in the soil too. You can monitor your ppm and ph with the flush runoff till you get everything back to 6.5 and ppms down as low as 200, 300, hence why I’ll do a light feed (500ppm veg nutes) a couple of hours after the flush… I do this when lights first come on. I like to get that first flush in, about a week before I plan to flip.
Puff, puff…slight cough…pass…

@abouttime thanks for the hit :blush:, should I wait a cpl days before I do a flush? Just fed her yesterday

So I went and got some fox farms because that’s all I hear so I picked up some fox farms tiger bloom. Do I only use this for when I flip the lights or before or do I need to use something else. Sorry for all the questions but I’m starting to get really nervous about the change don’t want to wind up with swag

@Jaydawg6528 i would use it right away after the switch. That’s what I did

Thanks @Dell500. Full strength or ease into it.

My newest problem I was looking at one of the leaves I took it off and looked at it with my 100x scope and there are little brownish black I guess mites there are also little round balls speed around and the bug is going to each one and checking on it so I’m Assuming they are eggs what do I need to treat it with