Switching grow light mid veg

Hey so I was wondering if anyone has experience with switching lights mid grow? I’m currently running a blurple and have upgraded to spider farmer SF 4000. Plants are currently 10 weeks and will be vegged an additional month. My question is, can I switch out lights immediately or should this be a gradual thing? Thanks for the feedback in advance!

1 Like

I swapped a blurple out for a HLG light mid grow. Just swap it out. They’ll do fine. Just pay attention to the plants, they’ll tell you if you need to raise the new light or not.

1 Like

@Bobbydigital Thanks for the clarification bro. I kind of had a feeling but you know how the saying goes, when in doubt LOL

No problem man. Light is light. There may be a little difference in spectrum but it’s not anything that’s going to cause issues. The new light will likely be more powerful and efficient so light burn is the main thing to look out for but can easily be remedied.

Yea that makes sense. The light comes with a dimmer so I can increase or decrease as needed. Thanks for the solid advice man🤝

1 Like