Switching from led to cmh

Recently switched from cheap Led to a vivosun 315 3100k cmh started to flower a week ago,plants looked great before switching lights,now curling inwards on itself ,not clawing,actually looks as if they’re are drowning in light . Had light at 18 inches above canopy moved to 30 inches still the same ,just in the tops,the leaves are curling inward , is it the new and better light ,anyone seen this or had this problem

Need picts.

2 Likes

Definitely need pictures of what issues you got going on now

Could be heat or intensity related. But… pics…

1 Like

External Media

Drinkslinger

Regular

January 20

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

External Media

Drinkslinger

Regular

January 20

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

First thing I see is excessive nitrogen.

I’m going to hazard a guess that it is heat damage, and appears to be worse than a plant hiding from too much light.

Someone with more experience than me can jump in. I’ve not really seen anything like this before.

@Covertgrower has a good point too. Can you share what soil you are in and what your nute regimen is?

There’s definitely some PH issues, excessive nitrogen, and might be underwater due, or overwatered. I can’t tell for sure because the pictures are blurry. @MidwestGuy

Soil with little or no nitrogen,the yellowing started with new light. Did start putting open sesame by foxfarm one solo cup per plant little end of spoon per gallon of water think that 5% nitrogen nothing more

Those will need a LOT more water than that. About 1/2 to 1/4 gallon EACH.
Ph the nutrient solution to 6.2-6.5. @Tinpound

Soil is wamart brand Expert Gardner analysis is 0.05% ,0.03%,0.06%

@Tinpound do you have pH in/out numbers and current Ppm runoff numbers?

Is your soil one of these?

Yes the first bag is what I’m using ,no ,no ph info I’m a beginner first try inside, usally outdoor gardner,I’m leaning more toward heat problem and not enough water

1 Like

I used MG first grow had, bad nitrogen toxicity never use it again

1 Like

I believe the first pic has added time release nutrients. Much like miracle grow it’s not great for growing marijuana.

Not testing pH is a big mistake. Do yourself a favor and pick up a decent pH meter. You can get one for $20-30 and it’ll make a huge difference in your grow.

I’m guessing between the soil, possible pH issues and new light (much more heat and intesity) that’s why your girls aren’t happy.

What type of water are you using?

Ordered one today,and using pure rainwater

1 Like

Any soil that you would recommend?

That’s usually a safe bet. Since it’s almost stripped of most things you’ll probably want to get some calmag. I don’t see any deficiencies yet, but it will most likely appear if using rain water.

Many people have had great success with fox farms soils. Ocean Forrest is nutrient rich enough to support most plants up to 2 months. Happy frog will Keep them going for a good month.