Switching from hid to led

is this light as good as they say? Does anyone use one. Would like to hear y’all thoughts on it. They are not cheap for sure and im thinking about buying 2.

1 Like

Yes that light is as great as it is advertised. Many grow with one of those, or a couple of panels. (Half) not a single person is dissatisfied.

3 Likes

it says on average it will produce 2.5 grams per watt. I know it has more to do with just light on yield but thats amazing

2 Likes

You won’t go wrong with HLG led lights.

2 Likes

I wish I could get that one. I have the hlg 65v2 4000k and the hlg 135rspec, more than satisfied with both.
Although i suggest buying directly from hlg. And using the promo code “dude” for a discount.

1 Like

Great customer service. Love them.

1 Like

I have the HLG 550 v2 rspec and very happy with it. Also have the HLG UVA 30 mounted to the middle of it.

7 Likes

If you like fat dank buds, top shelf results and being extremely happy with a purchase, buy that light !!

I use a few smaller hlg and am extremely happy with results.

@Hellraiser
When do you install the UVA light bar? Throughout the whole flower process ? Or just last 2-3 weeks of flower? And do you keep it on 12 hours or just 2 hours a day?

First time I used it, was only for last 4 weeks for 12 hours a day, second time I used it for all of flowering. I will continue to run the UVA for all of flowering, 12 hours a day. I may even play around with giving some UVA in veg as well. Outdoor plants get UVA (and a little UVB) from the beginning so why not start them on it early.

I am convinced that the UVA light made my plants just a little more potent and terpy, as I used them on clones and every one says my latest batch of Cherry Clones is the best so far, even though they started out amazing anyway.

8 Likes

@Hellraiser
Thank you so much!!!
Will be installing my UV bar tonight then. And yes I will be very very careful.

1 Like

I just switched from HID and went with 2 of the HLG550R. I’m pleased so far . Lots of great bud development. Just beware , These are some strong lights, I had to back them all the way Up and dim them and I still got some light burn.

1 Like

What does a light like that cost? I am thinking about starting a indoor grow. I do one big outdoor grow every season but fight bud rot and pests every year.

850.00 us dollars

@Hellraiser
One more question, can that HLG uv bar be connected to the 650R lights directly? Or must it be plugged into a different timer to control that?

1 Like

Thanks for the information

It comes with a daisy chain-able power cord so you can power and use same timer as your main light.

2 Likes

Let us know how it works out during veg. (Obviously not gonna be for a while.) I’m interested. I wanna get one down the road I think. When I upgrade lights. Not gonna be for a while though.

1 Like