Switching from FF Trio to Roots Organics

I had lots of issues early on with ffof and the trio. So my last transplant before flowering was into roots based supersoil. The plants loved it and I won’t look back, the harvest was so successful, averaging a pound per plant with zero effort outside of the original mixing, watering and the odd boost with worm tea here and there.

Only thing I’d say is that I had some fungus gnat issues that may or may not be inherent to roots. I’ve heard mixed things. It wasn’t anything DE couldn’t fix though.

Edit: apologies I may have misinterpreted your question. I was referring to roots organics soil mix with supersoil amendments ( mostly from the line of down-to-earth products)

1 Like

I am going with the Roots dry nutrient line but staying with FFOF until I find a local source for the Roots soil. Glad to hear that you like their soil, thanks.

Hey there, @merlin44! I’ve been happy with FF, so far, but I’ll be curious to see how this goes for you. I have no advice to offer, but am looking forward to following along here… occasionally. Maybe now that winter is settling in, I’ll be better about checking in here. (Partly because of the weather outside, and partly because I just dropped a couple of Jack Here seeds…) Good luck!

2 Likes

Me too, I just don’t want to miss an opportunity for improvement, plus I want it to be easier for Mrs Merlin to care for the garden if I am unable to for some reason. Glad that you dropped by.

1 Like

My Roots Organic order has been lost in transit…I am bummed.

They claim that I will receive the product next week sometime…I need it now so I may wait until next grow for a true comparison grow.

1 Like

:roll_eyes: Bummer, Man! I’m sorry to hear this.

2 Likes

Thanks, Wonka…not a huge deal, just delays things a bit.

1 Like

I’ve never used that line of nutrients. I’ve had great luck with the FF 3 liquids and their 3 crystal powder nutrients. :+1:

3 Likes

That is what I have used as well and I have been quite happy with the results. I am just exploring possibilities.

1 Like

@merlin44 Nothing wrong with exploring other nutrient companies. You’ve seen how well my GSC is and it’s all FF Nutrients.

I’ve thought about trying others but why change things if it isn’t broke. :joy:

4 Likes

Well folks, my Roots Organics nutrients have finally arrived. They were supposedly lost in shipment, not once but twice. I have studied the feeding schedules and will start today.

Half of my plants will receive Roots Organics starting with the week one of flowering dose. The other half will continue to receive FF Trio.

I did contact Aurora Innovations (Roots Organics manufacturer) to determine how to transition from FF Trio because I had to feed them several times while waiting for the Roots Organics products to arrive. They told me that all I needed to do was stop using the FF Trio and start using the Roots Organics.

I will be using the “top dressing” technique and schedule as published.

@dbrn32 @Haildamaged @Covertgrower @PurpNGold74 @holmes @elheffe702 @Gremmall @missiles @blackthumbbetty @WonkaMan

11 Likes

Plus a few others:
@Oldguy @Oddjelly @the2409labs @growtus @AAA

1 Like

I was wondering about this the other day! Glad to hear your starting them and I’ll be watching closely :wink:

4 Likes

Ty @merlin44 . roots organic soil is what i only use for soil. I didn’t know they had nutrients till you started this thread. I love the soil. Can’t wait to try the nutes.
Would like to know where you ordered?

1 Like

For anybody thinking of going this route, carefully read all of the product information for each of the products in this line. The published schedules must be slightly modified if you are using the entire line.

Specifically, the Uprising Foundation, Uprising Grow and Uprising Bloom should be used as one half of published dosage if use together.

I don’t know (yet) how the plants would be affected if all were used at full strength. I assume that if they tell me to use LESS of their product, then I should follow their instructions.

1 Like

I purchased via Amazon from Sparkle Gardening.

I need to find out why their price is nearly twice the MRSP.

1 Like

I only use the nutrient line from Fox Farms. All 6 of them. I know nothing about Root Organics line.

Hey @merlin44, I’m on my first run with the entire roots line dry and liquid. I was using the FF trio before and so far what I’ve noticed is less chances of leaf tip burn with roots. I did cut the dry to 1tsp instead of the full dose of 2tsp but I’m using the full dose of liquid nutes. I am running into a cal/mag issue and brought the elemental up to a full dose of 2tsp. Happy with the roots so far otherwise. Look forward to how you make out.

2 Likes

I am using it in FFOF, the Aurora folks assure me that they are compatible. I may consider moving to their soil as well. I see that this is your first run…

It would be great if you tagged me on your Roots Organic posts or put them here.

I found there website. They offer free samples just pay shipping. They also have a package deal. Seems little cheaper than ff also.
I just ordered the free samples

1 Like