Switching from FF Trio to Roots Organics

I had lots of issues early on with ffof and the trio. So my last transplant before flowering was into roots based supersoil. The plants loved it and I won’t look back, the harvest was so successful, averaging a pound per plant with zero effort outside of the original mixing, watering and the odd boost with worm tea here and there.

Only thing I’d say is that I had some fungus gnat issues that may or may not be inherent to roots. I’ve heard mixed things. It wasn’t anything DE couldn’t fix though.

Edit: apologies I may have misinterpreted your question. I was referring to roots organics soil mix with supersoil amendments ( mostly from the line of down-to-earth products)

1 Like

I am going with the Roots dry nutrient line but staying with FFOF until I find a local source for the Roots soil. Glad to hear that you like their soil, thanks.

Hey there, @merlin44! I’ve been happy with FF, so far, but I’ll be curious to see how this goes for you. I have no advice to offer, but am looking forward to following along here… occasionally. Maybe now that winter is settling in, I’ll be better about checking in here. (Partly because of the weather outside, and partly because I just dropped a couple of Jack Here seeds…) Good luck!

2 Likes

Me too, I just don’t want to miss an opportunity for improvement, plus I want it to be easier for Mrs Merlin to care for the garden if I am unable to for some reason. Glad that you dropped by.

1 Like

My Roots Organic order has been lost in transit…I am bummed.

They claim that I will receive the product next week sometime…I need it now so I may wait until next grow for a true comparison grow.

1 Like

:roll_eyes: Bummer, Man! I’m sorry to hear this.

2 Likes

Thanks, Wonka…not a huge deal, just delays things a bit.

1 Like

I’ve never used that line of nutrients. I’ve had great luck with the FF 3 liquids and their 3 crystal powder nutrients. :+1:

2 Likes

That is what I have used as well and I have been quite happy with the results. I am just exploring possibilities.

1 Like

@merlin44 Nothing wrong with exploring other nutrient companies. You’ve seen how well my GSC is and it’s all FF Nutrients.

I’ve thought about trying others but why change things if it isn’t broke. :joy:

3 Likes