Switch to MH last few weeks of flowering?

I stand corrected to many LE Something and HID what the heck is HID its MH & HPS lmao i get to confused after to many conversations my statement would be correct had we been talking about cobs my bad thanks @Donaldj for the correction :stuck_out_tongue: working to hard and not smoking enough is messing with my head :joy:

2 Likes

only corrected because the bulbs are costly and would hate to see someone spend 130 on a bulb which needs a special ballast

2 Likes

I have the LEC light that donald has aswell . 3100k bulb. Plants love it. Nice natural color.

Yeah ballast built in. Made by hydrofarm.
This what it looks like with my LEC on by itself

1 Like

I like the more natural light. With my HPS when I check out my plants it’s hard to tell what leafs are yellowing. Looks like it would be much easier to diagnose a problem with a more natural light.

2 Likes

Lol you won yours lucky dog cost me around 400 each for my ballasts and only one is built in fixture also the only non digital :wink: bulbs are between 90-130 each but do last if you add surge protector not like me :stuck_out_tongue: who forgot put it off and ended up killing a 2 week old one.

1 Like

@Donaldj
Yup I got surge protectors hooked up. Just blew an outlet , some wires got moved around and almost caught fire causing the outlet to blow… Surge protector saved my lights… Yeah I have the one with built in ballast. 3100k bulb. Light can be ran at 120v or 240v… Mines not the digital dimmable ballast tho … How you like the ones without the built in ballast? Same thing just not built onto light fixture? And they are digital? I think They are actually not as heavy as @Jmesser80 thinks it would be. with the ballast attached…

I know the one my buddy has is pretty heavy. (I’m sure I exaggerated a bit) but I know if I were to get one i think I would try and mount it to some ceiling joists.
I did that with my carbon filter. Between my carbon filter and HID hood I was afraid of a collapse so I poked some eye hooks through the top of the tent Into the floor joists to support the carbon filter to take some of the weight off the tent supports.

1 Like

I built my tent frame out of wood so I just hung it off a 4x4 wood. I would put it on something that can support the light is a tad heavy

1 Like

lol my Ballast is mounted to wall on 2 they weigh less than 600 watt MH/HPS ballast use standard shade and light cord but need a adapter to use bulbs in shade @Dr.DankThumb420 I like the ones without built in ballast because I can keep ballast heat out of space if wanted also different shades increase foot print over the fixed angle Built in Ballast shed which is far more focused

2 Likes