Switch light or stay the course?

Hey all,I have about 3 weeks left on my flowering GG AUTOS. They’re under a 600w hps light currently but later today my hlg 600rspec light should arrive and I’m wondering if I should finish them with the 600hps or change to the new led light? If advised to switch to the hlg light I may need some help with the initial settings. Thanks,Pin

1 Like

@dbrn32 you got some advice?

Good question , personally I would put it in start getting a feel of it. you’ll be that far ahead on your next grow. plus you bought a awesome light. 3 weeks could turn into 4 weeks. Just my thoughts good luck
:+1::v:

4 Likes

I’d have that light swapped out immediately after delivery, I did pretty much the same last year, swapped out the 600 watt HPS with a HLG 550 Rspec for last 4 weeks of flowering.

5 Likes

I might give it a go, any tips on setting it I’m not sure but I think the 600 might be a little bit different than the 550…

2 Likes

There’s several good videos HlG site. I have two HLG 260 R-Spec XL about 21inchs height , cranked up in flowering stage.

3 Likes

Not much difference, the heatsink on the 600 is a tiny bit bigger and has a higher watt driver (600 vs 500 watts) but other than that, same qb288 rspec boards. I’d start it 24" above the canopy and about 400-425 watts the first day, then I’d increase the watts like 25 watts a day til you are at max watts, don’t want too kuch of an intensity change at once. You will want a killawatt type monitor to better adjust the light output/watts if you don’t have one already.

6 Likes

Appreciate it guys! Can’t wait to get home and check it out

4 Likes

Yeeeeesh. Just looked up the price! Now that’s an expert setup haha

2 Likes

Not that bad really, it was on sale and after adding in my unused Amazon points I’m out of pocket $500.

3 Likes

That’s a excellent deal.

1 Like

Change , the extra light will do a lot in that time

2 Likes

I agree with the others, let the big dog eat

2 Likes

Ok, so yesterday it was out with the old and in with the new!!! Wow what a difference! So I followed hellraisers advice and hung it about 24” from the canopy but I just kinda guessed on the dimmer adjustment as I have no means of measuring the kw as of now. This is gonna be a learning curve for sure but once again I’m excited for this grow to end so I can jump right into the next. Thanks for all the tips!

1 Like

I got my HLG260 in my 2nd week of flower on current crop. Swapped out my CLW250SE
for the new light faster than food thru a goose.

I’m about 3 weeks from harvest and HOLY CRAP I’m excited. That HLG grew me some dense
and fat buds. If I stuck with the CLW I wouldn’t be anticipating my harvest as I am now.

You guys got me thinking I need a switch now haha.

1 Like

Not sure if mentioned but for those watching and wanting hlg gear (my 650s are like sun) use the 10 percent discount code “dude”

At least it worked two months back

2 Likes

Lol “faster than food through a goose”
We’re about on the same timeline, you gonna start up another grow right away? I have some ilgm gscx autos I’m itching to drop. I think 1 or 2 more in soil then I might start dabbling with some form of hydro

1 Like

I took a clone from my Gorilla Glue just before I flipped to flower and I have a street seed I
finally got a female from (after 8 males) and both of those have just been flipped to flower.
I’m about 3 weeks from harvest, and with the other two in flower in the same tent I’ll have a
another crop in about 6-7 weeks. After that I have a Blue Dream and a LSD photos I’m going
to grow out. I tried an LSD before but got it so wrong with bad lights and nute burn I had a
burial for the plant and played “taps” on the piano for it. (followed by an apology). That poor
plant went thru hell.

1 Like

I would set up the HLG and get it into the tent ASAP. My plants was fine when I did both my new HLG lights.

I would dial it down 1/2 and give the plant time to adjust. Then slowly dial it back up.

1 Like