Sweet Zkittlez & Strawnana qb autopot coco scrog 2x2

@Nicky do you mix the mykos throughout the coco or just where you transplant?
I like your method of buffering the coco, I’m stealing that. Appreciate the gems you’re dropping in here. Respect.

First grow in about 10 years. First coco grow. Used to run flood and drain trays, zero veg, sea of green style w/ HPS. Amazing results but lots of maintenance. Looking forward to this new LED tech and autopots.

Day 13
The sickly one starting to look healthier. Might have been premature with the decision to swap out oh well.

3 Likes

You will love the autopots, just next time start in rapid roosters or jiffy starter puck/dome.

To answer your question abiut the Mykos, both, mix in a table spoon when you make your medium per 5gallon and put a teaspoon in the transplant hole.

Thanks @Nicky Just started to germinate super lemon haze and another zkittlez in the jiffy pellets.

Day 16
Started LST on one of the zkittlez
Strawnana if I had to guess suffering from some light burn. I let the light get to about 13" (oops). Moved it back up to 18" @ 400 PPFD (~35 DLI)
3rd zkittlez “runt” continuing to look the best

2 Likes

Day 23

Feeling like they’re moving slow. First time doing LST so could be that. Wandering if I should just top them. Maybe it will grow faster? Strawnana looks like it’s not responding as well as the zkittlez. It’s also showing a little nutrient burn at the tips @ 450ppm (see close up).

@Nicky I’m about to turn the autopots on @800ppm but I’m worried strawnana won’t handle that well if it’s burning at 400ppm. I currently have a 3 gallon pot to transplant the 1 gallon zkittlez. As a result do you think I should put strawnana into the 3 gallon pot and put 1 gallon zkittlez into the autopot?

Current feed: 450ppm
Ph 5.8
Temps 25c
Rh 70%
PPFD ~600 @ center
DLI ~50 @ center

Day 29

So I’ve done LST on all three plants and all three have responded completely different. Pretty cool the differences between the genetics and phenotypes. Plan for all 3 was to train the main stalk to circle the pot. No topping. Here are the results:

Bottom center
Sweet zkittlez, has the most tie downs and all the strongest tops are on the outside in a circle. Grows nice long side shoots. Ideal shape and spread. Looks to be suffering from minor transplant shock from 1gallon to 3 gallons 4 days ago.
9 tops

Top left
Sweet zkittlez has 5 main branches all who have spread their leaves super wide and dominate the space.5 tops cover the whole pot. Low and stocky genes.
5 tops

Top right
Strawberry banana is the healthiest looking plant so far. All the tops are praying to the light, they couldn’t be more vertical. Growing with tight internodes with lots of healthy shoots from each. Looks like it has the most tops but it’s spread is only like half the pot. It’s growing vigorously short and bushy.
7 tops

1 Like

Lookin good

Day 33
Enough training for now, going to let them go vertical. I’ll probably put the screen on top in a week or so. All looking healthy, threw in another sweet zkittlez for fun, this one from sweet seeds (about a week old). The first 2 are from Royal queen.

Autopot flooded twice on me so far. First time I didn’t secure the valve to the cross section. Second time I think I just knocked the hose which knocked the valve out of place. Frustrating. Other than that, the girls are loving the autopots. I think the air domes helped keep them healthy during the floods. So I’m highly recommending them seeing how easily it floods.

Day 44 just before flipping to 12/12

2 Likes

Looking good :+1:

Day 48
Day 4 of flowering

1 Like

Day 56
Day 12 of flowering
Temps ~25c
Rh ~75% (ordered dehumidifier to lower it)
May lollipop to help control humidity once I see how the dehumidifier performs
~1000 ppms

Should have done a second scrog layer to control the stretch and even out the canopy.

5 Likes

Day 21 flower

3 Likes

Nicky I did same thing I did not buffer. Is that the reason for the issues I’m having maybe?

Yes it is, you need to heavily dose coco with cal mag if you don’t buy pre buffed coco!
@Weddingcake1983

So that got my ph f Ed up you reckon?

Where is your thread let’s go back there tag me there.

Should I flush with cal mag in the phed water?