Sweet smell aroma

Why does my plant smell sweet even though it’s almost ready to harvest

3 Likes

My girls are in flower and I don’t smell weed I smell flowers lol…

2 Likes

Lol it’s a good smell sweet is that good or bad ik the terpenes well idk lol

2 Likes

Might just be the strain your growing.

3 Likes

Ive become totally desensitized to the skunky smell of the pot I smell nothing now lol

4 Likes

Lol that’s nuts i mean some smell skunky a little bit and sometimes I dont smell anything

2 Likes

Idk what strain bro I got some green from a freind found two seeds through out nd I got thus

3 Likes

Most of the time the Terps are actually formed during the cure. That’s where a lot of the smell really comes from.

1 Like

How do I know whn it’s ready it’s very frosty milky nd some times in the sun I can see big like raind drops but its not

1 Like

Get a jewlers loupe and look at the trichomes. If their milky it’s ready and a sativa high and amber is a indica like high. Clear isn’t ready yet. Experiment and find what you like. :grin:

1 Like

With a 30× and 60× zoom happy hydro on amazon.

1 Like

So I should harvest i mean alot of buds are frosty and have like amber hair but the bud is still like light green I sti have some white pistols

1 Like

Pistils dont always actually matter, just sorta can help. If your looking through a loupe and they’re amber, go for it.

1 Like

Bro I dont have one just eyeballing it and it’s my first time kan you tell from my pic really need some help bro

1 Like

I really can’t. Without a jewlers loupe there isn’t much way to tell other then the pistils and how old she is.

1 Like

If you have a really good camera on your phone zoom in as close as you can focus and look at the lil mushroom like growths at bud sites those are the trichs

1 Like

its not the hair you are looking for, its the resin glands, the stuff that looks like frost in your buds. Look really close at em and they look like clear stems with a blob of goo on top. When the blob of goo is milky colored and some are maple syrup colored its time to chop er doon. The bud Im gonna show has pistols which are the yellowish hairs and on the small leaves there is frost. Later the whole bud will be covered in frost.

. But rather than looking at the leaves you want to check the bud meat, the pods where the hairs come out of. Likenif you zoom in on the frosty white stuff, you can see its almost starting to get a stem under somenof those blobs of resin, later on it will be obvious

2 Likes

When you get up close you’ll see these. These are your indicators of when you harvest

3 Likes

This is with a jewelers loop 60x

1 Like