Sweden wants help :-)

Hello fellow growers. As i live in a country with absolute zero tolerance with what i am growing i have to turn to u guys( also cuze i find u are much more educated then what i can get here).
My babies are getting sick . And i know its lack of some kind of nutrient( english is not my mother toung so ap for misspelling) Hydro set up Ebb and Flow. Ph 5,9 Ec 1.2 Temp air 80 Water temp 70. 2x700 watt LED. (350 true watt) Strain WW auto. Nutes Flora 3 part

1 Like

We need some pictures so we can see whats going on with your plants.

1 Like

Sorry guys.Old woman trying to make the post ha ha here comes the pics.

1 Like

Im gonna try take som normal light pics in an moment if that helps better. The spotting u see is all yellow.

1 Like

EC is a little high. What ph meter are you using and when last calibrated? Reservoir size? How old are your plants?

Remember that an excess can appear as a deficiency in hydro FYI.

If you would answer those questions plus fill out a support ticket and be as complete as possible. Type of water, brand of light etc.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

1 Like

I use milwauke pen for mesure. Calibrated yesterday. The res is on 100 Liter The plants are 32 days old. Using flora 3 part nutes. Add extra calcium on half strength due to very soft water. (1,5 dh or 3,5 clarke). Mesured solids in tap water is 78 ppm at the tap. The plants have started budding .

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA White Widow Auto from bulk seed bank

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Hydro with hydrotons

System type?Ebb And Flow

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 5,9

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS 1.2 EC or 1200 microS

Indoor or Outdoor Indoor

Light system, size? MarsII LED with bloom and grow switch. 700 watt

Temps; Day, Night 80/68

Humidity; Day, Night 60%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size yes exhaust fan at 280 cubik meter
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, Humidifier

1 Like

@Donaldj, @garrigan62, @bob31 any thoughts?

1 Like

Can I get a real light picture some things are hard to notice in blurple purple :wink:

1 Like

1.2 ec is actually low at 600 TDS

What are the temps of your res and What is your water source? How often do you pH and feed?

@Donaldj

I seen the EC and converted too but quite small plants yet so a better visual would help with a hungry diagnosis :wink:

2 Likes

And I’m little better in soil, sooo I’m watching and listening, lol

3 Likes

Ph is checked out every day but only push it down when needed. At most times when it hit around 6.3. My water source is my own deep digged well. Only backside to that its a very good water for plants but due to human consumption we have a filter in that raises the ph by a calcium filter to around 8. So we have to push it back down when given to the plants. The temp in the res is constant at 70F. We are trying to push up the feeding now due to that we forgot to calculate off solids from water after first run with no nutes( Clean water after first run without nutes was at 0,5 EC so i gues u have to calculate that off?? Due to dust residue from clay pebbles)Only thing added then was the bakteria nothing else.

1 Like

Thanks, Bob and @Donaldj. I’m no hydro guy but tried to que up the info needed.

Oops on the EC! I don’t know why I have trouble with that.

2 Likes

Any additives to prevent algae?

and you are adding Cal?
I only ask because if using a calcium and starting point is around .5 EC 250 tds you likely have no need for Calcium too much Calcium creates a nest of problems too. I would still love a real light picture though

by bad missed the pictures it’s a N def.

1 Like

Your EC is too low I want you to ignore entirely your water’s starting point when factoring nutrients no Cal added so if factoring out waters EC at .5 you are actually only feeding them less than 400 ppm.
Also how often are you flooding table?

Hi all, my wife must wait 24 hours for the next response. so i take over.
starting point is 78 ppm at tapwater. is the clay-pabbles that makes the ec go up and added bacteria. no we dont have anything to prevent algae. the table is flooding 5times 8 minutes each. it takes 8 minutes to fill it up. than it takes another 8 minutes to empty.

Ok the clay is inert so doesn’t measure in most cases it’s too thick to measure or effect EC/ppm

is this during light cycle or does it also flood with lights off? give me a second I will let the wife come back on if you want?