Surprised I don’t have zombies in my tent

DAMM DUDE. I aspire to grow like you!! I hope my first grow will be as successful! I believe your total tent size is the growth space (due to potentially scrogging the whole space up). Also, HOW ARE YOUR PLANTS NOT BURNT FROM NUTES?!??! I feel like I’m missing something here :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

It’s the system. I’m hydro. If I ever did that to a set in soil they would’ve been DEAD :skull:! I’m not sure of the anomaly and believe it or not the stardawgs were my first attempt at it and it doubles nearly everything I’ve ever done in soil minus one GG. If you search NFT hybrid the whole build for the setup is there. I’m always happy to share any knowledge or info on exactly how to do what I do good or bad. You can build one like it for around $200. Just need some totes, drains, hoses, tubing two water pumps, one air pump, a raised rack and some rock wool.

3 Likes

Bruh that is legit the system I’m currently building lolololol I’m waiting for my tent and ventilation to arrive, but I have everything else. I’m all about hydro, cuz I worked in a saltwater and freshwater fish store so I already get the concept. Most of the material is not new to me, which is SO nice. I’ve just never seen such high nutes, even with hydro! Took me by surprise Haha I’m too scared to go that high with my first grow!

3 Likes

300 grams - 260 watts sounds like a success for an experienced grower. Pat urself on the back

4 Likes

28 oz from 600 watts is more impressive :joy::joy::joy: thats almost 3 grams a watt :scream::scream::scream:

Whoops edit. My math sucks still. 1.5 tho :drooling_face::drooling_face:

4 Likes

Don’t be scared! If you allow it to raise over time they won’t burn up, I actually keep pushing until I start to burn the edges a bit then try to keep my numbers there until the week 6 and pound them until mid week 7 and flush hard

3 Likes

Last run I got 1/4 lb dry from each plant dry weight. Only issue I ever have is trimming, takes 8-12 hours solo

I’m running 750 watts per tent tho. Maybe a bit more when I add the light bars also to under growth

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about some corner light bars myself. Just not in the budget right now. I think we might be apples and oranges too because I run 2 of the hlg 260’s.
I think this is going to be my best approach at calculating a quantifiable result. I started the 4x4 with 6 plants staggered under 520 Watts true. I’ll go ahead and wait until I get the whole shitery completed and total up all their dry weight. It’s kind of a challenge with a perpetual system. And the crappy blackberry is going to screw my numbers up. But it’ll give me a baseline and regardless I’m happy with the direction things are going and that’s really what matters.
Still there’s nothing like a bunch of old guys pulling down their pants and swinging their colas around seeing who’s is the biggest lol.
@PurpNGold74
@MutilatedMoth
@dbrn32

3 Likes

Forgive me if im mistaken… but Moth doesnt have colas to swing :joy::joy::joy:

And i havent gotten into the side lighting or far red stuff. Thats too advanced for my brain

3 Likes

Purp my colas are so huge that the man upstairs had to put them on my chest :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

boy I could run with this one but I’m going to keep it pc. She who has the biggest cola wins I guess.

1 Like

Lmmfao! You know what… touche my friend. Touche

2 Likes

It depends on how you’re trying to put the info out I suppose. If this is being used as a metric to qualify your grow or growing abilities, the first question I would have would be on the arrangement of your space. If your whole grow could fit in a 7 square foot space, than it may as well be what you use. If you needed the extra space in tent for equipment to assist the grow, then I feel it would be proper to use the entire space. Let’s say you had a 4x4 tent that you ran two 2x4 scrog plants in. If you harvested one plant and said you produced whatever in 8 square feet that would be 100% accurate. But if you only ran 1 plant because you had a dehumidifier or fans taking up room, I kinda feel like it would be proper to tax your setup and consider the entire 16 ft². I only really say that because if you getting into a pissing match with someone it could be considered that way.

Grams per watt isn’t a great way to quantify the efficiency of your grow either. People have been doing it for years, but there are ways to inflate your gram per watt. Same difference with measuring efficiency of a grow by square footage alone. In either case you can inflate your power consumption by intensity and/or veg time and do pretty good per square foot. Or you can under achieve on your square footage and usually do pretty good on a per watt basis.

One of the easiest ways is to run autos and keep them on longer schedule. An underpowered light can still hit recommended dli with an auto by extending the amount of time the light is on.

2 Likes

And this is why I constantly tag you in threads. I said it up above but what I have decided to do for a calculation was to take the entire 16 square foot with all 6 plants and wait until all are done, dried and cured then calculate total watts, sf and weight to get a more quantified result. I intentionally staggered two of the plants because I don’t like spending days trimming and I’d rather have it coming in more steady rather than all at once. One is a slow finisher and I had a hard time germinating it’s tote partner.
I’m in it for a hobby and to have a good time doing something I enjoy and sharing the experience with friends and family. Also because my state says I can.

2 Likes

@ThatoneAKguy I run two hlg 260’s and a King Led 1200

Then add two 100w. (55 true) led bars for undergrowth

1 Like

I don’t blame you at all for doing that, would do the same. I would say just run your grows the best way you see fit. If you need help or want to try make something better, nothing wrong with that.

To me, the metric you would want to maximize is gram per kwh per foot². The joy of that is that there’s no real quantifiable target. Like .1 maybe? The idea is to build your grow around using the least amount of power to get the most per square foot. There’s penalties for running a long a veg time or light cycle in power consumption. And if you try and cheat with underpowered lighting you lose on area production. But following that model you can get some bonuses by altering your growing style and plant count. You don’t even have to be the best or have bragging rights, if you’re working on it then you’re becoming a more efficient grower.

2 Likes

My room is actually 12’ x 14’ and ac and fans and all the bells and whistles…
So I’m not really sure how to calculate…
But when I say my growing footprint is 3’x5’ it actually is… I have free floating walls that hang around the plants that direct the light straight down to plants…
No wasted light… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yup, that’s kind of why I have a neutral position on this. You know it’s the internet and there is a troll just looking for a reason to start bs when someone posts outstanding grow metrics. If someone is only worried about posting high gram per watt or gram per square foot metrics, I can help them do that. But we really won’t have accomplished anything spectacular. Just found a hole to inflate a grow metric that can be subjected by anyone with a keyboard.

2 Likes

No worries… I just know what I’ve done… and really I think it has more to do with my environment and the fact that I grow in rdwc …
Also , I work with my strains for at least a year or 2 before I can even try to guess how much I might yield…
I think my light parameters are 55% to 65% of my success…
Not really sure , but just a pretty good guess… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

They are good results, but believable. You’re talking 800ish grams with a 600 in large hood right? The more experienced growers using led builds I help them with are doing between 1-1.5 on gram per watt basis. @Bogleg pulled something like 24 or 26 zips from his 3x3 flood table in 4x4 tent on 600 watts with clones and couple weeks veg time. You guys that put in work usually get rewarded.

2 Likes