Surfr Seeds Point break and Star Pebbles x Trophy Wife

I would definitely suggest some silica next round.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower I was gonna get the powersi for veg this time but my surgeries put me out of work. I’ll def make sure to use it if that’ll fix this. Seems the point break is very weak. They all want to lean at least a little and won’t support the weight preswell. The star pebbles has 1 like that but the others are solid as can be. You can see how lankey some of them are even with training and such. They stretched too much and all the branches got to long to hold anything. (I think)

What environmental circumstances would cause this?

It’s a learning curve I think I need to control them a lot more during early stages of flower. Or its also possible I fucked up defoiling and took all the strong branches leaving the shit ones for the buds. Next time I’ll figure something out to avoid this and still have larger plants.

Ps

I have good airflow and 4 fans inside the tent to move other air and blow on the plants. Humidity is always 45-50rh currently and temps are 66-70 night time 70-75 day time.

Also the one I killed literally was every branch leaning so bad they were on the ground. It fell over completely when I took the plants infront of it away. The middle left side plant has no lean other than damage from supporting the plant that I took out. You literally couldn’t hold the one up if you tried and they weren’t over or under watered either. It just lost all vigor and strength. Buds were tight and dense already. 2 tops weighed 16gs wet and that is gonna be a test wash I guess.

If it’s too cold they don’t develop very well at all.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower okay so I can cross that out too

@ everyone lmao I do believe it’s the missing silica based nutrient that didn’t come in this mills starter kit. It says to use it but I don’t have it. I took a look at my old fox farms nutrients and they have some silica in one of the bottles so it could also be an issue with me switching from my regular nutes.

Going to the grow shop today to buy bamboo stakes to try and save the one plant that’s still leaning horribly. Hoping for success will be back with an update soon.

Point break pics

6 Likes

like a virgin… :ok_hand: :sunglasses: :v:

1 Like

Day 47 flush starts in 3 days as most of them seem to be towards finishing.

The star pebbles crosses have next to no terps at all. Very extremely mild. Maybe they’ll come through in cure? The point breaks are a different story even though all of them can’t hold shit for weight. (I spoke with the breeder and I over vegged this is supposed to be a mid size multi topped bush and I double topped and grew them tall and lanky. This is why my small plant is the only one that stayed healthy throughout. Live and learn.)

I used bamboo sticks and plant wire to do the best I could at tying them up so they’ll make it to harvest but it’s rough. If I run these again I’ll definitely keep them smaller so they have more strength but the smaller ones just don’t yield like I need for the space I have so this was a 1 timer I think. I’m excited for them but I’m upset I wasn’t able to keep them as healthy and good looking as I wanted too. Some definitely took a beating because even with bamboo and plant wire they are still leaning bad. Probably because I chose 1 gal pots but I have 1 thats leaning on the tent completely as a support system. Here’s pics I’ll try to get some up close ones later.

Ps is This yellowing normal towards the end of the plants life?

5 Likes

What’s up guys harvest pics coming tomorrow or the following day but I’m curious how do I get the rh reading of the stems? I’ve heard you want 10-12% humidity in the stems with 58-62% in the buds. How would I go about checking this properly while I dry?

@Carpenter @Bulldognuts @Hellraiser @CoyoteCody @Covertgrower @Hellraiser @kaptain3d @Arrow @AfgVet

6 Likes

Using a moisture meter, but use it on the buds not the stems.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00275F5O2/

5 Likes

Those are gorgeous congratulations! :confetti_ball::tada: I use hygrometers. Will be interesting in said device :point_up_2: by hell

4 Likes

I just go off the stem, you want it to crack when bent, but not just snap right off. You don’t want it to be super flexible and split, it should crack. Hope that makes sense.

4 Likes

i use very little by means of measuring equipment …i do the stem crack as Cody explained … but i use my hygrometers and boveda packs in the cure… :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

I do the same as @Hellraiser does

3 Likes

Thanks everyone looks like I’ll be doing the stem Crack method unless I can get that digital hygrometer before they are done

1 Like

@Carpenter just wait for harvest pics bro some of these are insanely beautiful plants

I’ll be waiting for sure!!

1 Like

@Hellraiser man you are one seriously legit grower. i always thoroughly read your posts because i know this is new age knowledge, not sayin nothin wrong with old school at all. but to push further on your moisture meter concept , i have always done the snap branch method but it seems so archaic considering we have ways to promote accuracy such as moisture meters and having a background in construction and maintenance im familiar with the tools and i know how accurate they are…with this is mind i have talked to a few others including a great friend of mine @Graysin who i have nothing but respect for but i would like to hear your opinion on the right % closest to the bud to toss into 1/2 lb grove bags to start cure. i have seen 12% to 14% but i guess im really wondering if those factors change depending on how you plan on curing. also i hope you all have a happy thanksgiving!!

3 Likes

@nodurxshn @Hellraiser is definitely one of the very well versed growers on here man I follow him and watch because I’m always learning from him. I’m very thankful they come help me over here but from what I’ve gathered you want about 12%RH at the stem and about 58-62% at the bud for proper curing

3 Likes