Surfr Seeds Point break and Star Pebbles x Trophy Wife

@dbrn32 sounds good so just the yellowing. It’s just 2 phenos that are turning a little. I thought burning was too much and yellowing basically not enough but I know you can have yellowing because of over feeding as well.

Is 24 days too late to defoil again or can I remove the larf branches that have grown?

1 Like

If you don’t already have, I would puck something up to test concentration of nutrients too. That would at least let you know what is going in.

There was some plant carts available on Amazon that have removable trays. Not necessarily a need to have, but they sure are nice when you run into issues.

3 Likes

You can do this now if you want

2 Likes

@dbrn32 because of my surgeries I’m out of work and just going with what I have. I’m using the last of my stuff and packing it up after this grow until I’m back to work so sadly I just have to kind of power through with visual assumptions

My ppm/tds meter broke also so I need a new one before I can do readings

What do you mean the concentration? Like the amount left afterwards or to test my actual nutrients? Im running Mills right now and following feed schedule I’ll post it

1 Like

Ive been following the medium feed, should I cut back to light feeding?

I mean how strong or weak your nutrient solution is. The schedule doesn’t really help me much, sorry.

I totally understand not being able buy more equipment right now. Unfortunately I’m not able to just look at your plants and pinpoint any issues. What have you been setting your ph at and how often are you feeding and watering

3 Likes

@dbrn32 I set my at at 6.4-6.8 and I try to feed every other watering depending on looks but they get watered every day so they get fed 3 times a week on avg

What would I use to test it? And do you mean the water I mix like a ppm/tds micture?

Ps the leafs turning yellow are trying to turn purple and I want to point out every time I’ve started getting purple leafs they die off. Not sure why I can’t keep pruple alive I’ve read it takes more Co2 to grow the purple buds but idk if that’s true or not.

1 Like

Watering every day may be an issue. Try letting them dry out and then give a solid soaking. Your roots may just not be getting enough oxygen.

When I used fox farms soil I felt like I had better results between ph 6 and 6.5, but I also mixed Dolomite lime into my soil.

I’ve never seen correlation between purple leaves and co2. I feel like as long as you have good air exchange co2 shouldn’t be a problem. And yes, it’s preferred that you know what the ec, tds, or ppm of your nutrient solution is.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I’m using ffof for ny soil and because they are in 1 Gal pots if I don’t water every day they get really really droopy

If the soil is still wet I won’t water but normally after 24-28hrs the soil is dry

1 Like

Update I got green plant wire. I’m going to feed it through the fabric pot and use it to pull the stalk up. How’s this sound? If it seems like a fix I’ll be at it tomorrow. Thanks y’all @dbrn32 @Bulldognuts @Covertgrower @CoyoteCody @Carpenter have any of you guys used plant wire to actually support a plant?

5 Likes

I do it all the time :wink:

Works really well.

4 Likes

I used electrical wire from my jeeps dash to hold up seedlings, lmao, but that is the extent of my wire to hold up a plant knowledge. I have used string tied to the roof supports of my tent to hold up heavy buds though.

3 Likes

@kaptain3d @CoyoteCody sounds like a plan tomorrow we go yo work so we can keep every plant in the garden

3 Likes

Often when they’re young, I like to direct the growth by loosely wrapping wire around the branches…
When they’re older, I just wrap tighter :wink:

3 Likes

@kaptain3d I’m out of like but thanks man that answers that question well I’m gonna wrap it a good gew times to try and avoid all the stress being in one spot and cutting the plant because it’s basically long bread wire

4 Likes

I usually don’t use wire or supports when they were young I keep a fan blowing on them so the stock will strengthen up… not a lot of air flow but some. IMO :v:
Sometime they need a little help

2 Likes

Day 26! We’ve got some fat ass buds starting to show! The star pebble Cross (below) is filling out on #2 and #3 but the #1 pheno looks like it’ll be small dense nugs I doubt it will swell much more by the looks of the buds.

The point breaks are doing good 3 phenos are showing purple already in the buds. I don’t know the numbers by heart on what pheno but I’ll show pics of all 6 the runt is all green buds with a gassy smell developing and it’s got the biggest buds on any of these phenos. It will also more than likely be my lowest yielder because its so small. If the clones I took take and I can keep it she’ll have to be a super veg plant lmao. As of right now the 3 plants showing purple all are showing promise but I’m hoping to see some swelling happening with these soon. The breeder says swelling will happen around day 35-40 so we should see it soon. When they do swell I need some help picking what one I want to enter in the bud of the month competition.

2 Likes

Well guys it’s a sad day as 1 plant has had to die. Point break #9 far back left has been killed off. She had no vigor left. For whatever the reason not a single branch could support it’s own weight. @Covertgrower is this a plant disease or just bad luck? Some buds hadn’t even hit 5gs wet weight.

I have noticed 2 others leaning. 1 badly but I think they are all weight related. The thin branches may actually just be having a problem holding the weight I’m hoping I don’t have something that wipes the tent out.

It is normal to get heavy flowers that can’t support their own weight. It’s a good problem to have. Feeding silica in veg will help later into flowering. As far as small flowers go, that can be a lot of variables from environmental, lighting or genetics.
If you have enough lighting, then the other two suggestions apply.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower definitely sufficient lighting. But the one plant couldn’t have had enough weight to take it down. The others definitely could I see it there but the one just seems like it had no strength at all

2 Likes