SUPPORT TICKET: Low soil PH! 6.8 Ph in and 5.5 - 5.9 Ph runoff

Hi PurpNGold,

Keeping you posted as requested :slight_smile:
The dolomite lime worked completely, the runoff is now between 6.8 - 7.0 ph!

New Questions:
1) I plan to perform a foxfarm sledgehammer flush using BobbyDigital’s method (see quote below).
I have 3gal smartpots, regarding watering amounts, do you recommend 1 gal of sledgehammer mix, then 2 gal of plain water, then water with 1 gal of nutrient solution? (I start to get runoff around .75 gal.)
2) Next, Foxfarms schedule says to use Grow Big well into flowering, but the bottle says to stop at flowering. What do you recommend?

Using zero ppm water, from my new filter, I plan to use BobbyDigital’s method from a IGLM post in 2019:

MY FULL UPDATES BELOW:
This post was from Day 21, it is now Day 30 (see Day 30 photos below)

After adding 6 TBSP of dolomite lime to the top of the soil, I watered with the 6.8ph filtered well water. I also watered 2 additional times before the photos were taken (See calendar below). Second watering I started adding foxfarm nutrients. I had trouble keeping the EC and ppm down because my water is 444ppm even after filtering and I used potassium bicarbonate to ph up the mix.
My latest watering I was able to capture final runoff and by dumping the original runoff. My final runoff was EC 3800 and ppm 1888 (very high I know); I also just purchased gro pro pot elevators because I learned that I shouldn’t let the pot sit in the runoff which is what I have been doing. Therefore, I’m sure I just need to flush once more in order to lower my ppm and EC.

Tomorrow, Day 31, I plan to perform a sledgehammer flush since I will be using foxfarm liquid and dry nutes. Also, I want to make sure I remove the salt build up at the bottom of the pots from letting them sit in runoff several times over a few weeks (before learning I shouldn’t do that! lol). I also just found an amazing water filter (ZEROWATER) which reduces the ppm and EC to virtually zero!

4 Likes