Support ticket help plz

water level was most likely culprit sorry for your loss trunk rot is hard pill to swallow and many have been there water level in DWC should be below net pot so roots work their way to the water the bubbling of your nutrient solution should be enough to keep media at correct moisture level while not letting trunk get soaked.

Ya i just have overly deep baskets if I have water under it the bubbles don’t even get half way up I’m not sure and my air stones are powered by a quit powerful pump I’m not sure kinda wish I’d of done soil for my first grow now lol but way to much money and time in this already and looks like I’m losing another one now it says the area around be soft and mushy but it’s rock hard and dry feels like wood lol hopefully my beans I ordered make it this time haven’t had any make it in 4 months lol customs is on it now

you don’t need all of the roots wet or submerged they will work their way to water even misting the top of basket couple times a day helps roots will grow in air deep basket or not the 90-100% humidity in your buckets will allow roots to survive and thrive trust me

1 Like

Ahh makes sense thx for the info I have lowered the water lvls

This is the diy I made the other day it’s been working very well so far

1 Like

Believe it or not the plants will actually make different roots to do different jobs so by not being wet they won’t actually die the plant just uses those roots to bring in more oxygen and the roots in the water or what the plant drinks with , Google kratky method and that will explain a heck of a lot better then my quick response, but everybody so far is correct your water level was too high and was allowing your rapid Rooter to get wet which caused the damping off or it was because you watering from the top down to much ,and @ktreez420 I know you don’t like Rockwall but believe it or not, you can’t actually drowned a plant with rockwool you can cause it to damp off like we have seen but you can’t drown the plant actually that’s why I love them for cloning, as long as the water level never gets any higher than a quarter of an inch on the rockwhool block then you should be fine and you will see the different root systems coming out long thin fish bones coming out of the bottom to drink the water and thick little straight Roots shooting out of the sides above the waterline… now once you get to that stage with your clones is when you throw them in your hydro tone and your six inch net basket and that’s when you drop the water level down an inch or two below the bottom of the net buckets and maybe water once or twice from the top just to help them roots to reach down to the water , after that let the roots do the rest, as a side note I actually let my water level start to decrease as time goes on every 3 weeks I let it get lower and lower and lower allowing more oxygen roots and the plant will continue to build water drinking roots for the rest of the cycle this usually works extremely well…

:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

The two haven’t died yet and I just don’t have it in me to kill them and I seem to be getting root rot in the buckets I have hydroguard in them idk kinda feel like I’m not gonna be able to make any of them live till the end may try to sell of this equipment or something serious Props too all that have been able to do this but just buying stuff and trying is not working well for me lol wish I had local ppl to actually see them and talk me through some stuff but thanks all that tried think im gonna call it quits while I’m only a grand or so in debit to this lol

First of all calm down a lot of us here who have been doing this a while have lost whole gardens so you got to chill down it happens

I’ve been in the process of shutting down for the last 2 months because of a brown spot fungus issue I’m having so it happens

The plants are dead so pull them. They’re only plants …so think of it that way if you have to (I hate when people name plants and get all cutesy but to each their own :angry: ) I’m not saying you did that’s just one of my pet peeves

You don’t need local people you’ve got us to help you peach fuzz knows what he’s doing and Donald J is a mentor of mine so you’ve got three people here with probably 50 years or more experience between us and that’s just for starters

so decide what you want to do and if you want to move forward will all be glad to help you my friend spark one up and think about it

2 Likes

If any grower tells you they have 100% success every grow they lie whole crops are lost from mites fungus power outages break ups failed fans pumps the list goes on. Relax take a breath and think of the time and money invested so far it’s only a waste if you don’t take what you learn and try it again root rot is a bitch and almost impossible to kill entirely you need to cull any far gone plants then root prune any slimy brown infected roots. Rinse roots add H2O2 peroxcide to your fresh flushed res raise water level for 24 hr’s so roots get good bath then lower it as I said flush res again and start H2O2 regime tsp per litre 3% up to 2 tsp if you wish it won’t hurt change stones after described flush then add the tsp per litre daily to your res for remainder of grow
this won’t eradicate it but will allow you to control it to finish

1 Like

Thanks guys I really needed that little slap back into perspective … I went a head and moved the whole setup into a colder room with an ac dedicated to cooling the area and I’m going after work to pick up ice packs …I really think the culprit is the water Temps found out my meter was reading off the water Temps were over 71 in the tubs do u think that is the problem I’m hoping so

1 Like

71 is border line it doesn’t hurt to keep it cooler but it isn’t too high either like I said prune those infected roots go to a peroxicide routine

Okk ordered H2o2 should have it within a few days and is it okk to use just the peroxide I have from like walmart for cuts and such till that arrives

Here’s an idea a couple of people here have posted it before you take a garden hose of 50 feet coiled,

you buy for $99 or you get if I half that on Craigslist one of those little dorm refrigerators

you put the hose in and you circulate that water and bang never a water temp problem again, and that’ll do one pot or a large hydro system with ease!

It can be very frustrating, but hang in there you’re doing alright :thumbsup:

this is damping off. Lower your H2o level in the bucket’s keep it below the mesh pot 1/2-3/4 " .And once this happens theres no way back .
Hammer .

I will definitely not make that mistake twice…I am starting a new batch of autos a purple hulk, 1 pineapple kush,and a Ripleys og and with all the stiff I’ve picked up from here I’m hoping it goes well

1 Like

Sounds like a good choice, I’m considering purple kush this winter too :thumbsup:

• good luck!

Not sure what this is any idea

terrible lighting for a picture :stuck_out_tongue:

I researched that. It is a flower… been happening recently to my girls as well. From what I gather it is a fairly common occurrence and in the long run will result in the death of the plant. Sorry man.

2 Likes

Lmao! … Oak pretty much sums it up :skull_crossbones: :seedling:

Those are called pistils, you will get lots of them as a whole bunch of seed pods form into buds, then eventually your plant will die

So it’s budding now that’s good right lol

1 Like