Support ticket a little help

I was reading about this today a tiny bit can you clarify how we should be feeding calcium?

I know places like NPK industries and chemgro don’t include the cal because of the calcium nitrate will convert to calcium phosphate, which is plant unavailable.
So it’s earthier make a one part and add calcium or make an a + b.

Soo that being said do we have to add the cal on water days rather than on feed days?

I don’t feel like there’s a single answer to every situation. A lot of the chemicals won’t stay in suspension together, that’s the biggest reason you see multiple bottles, bags, or whatever required to provide complete nutrient regimen to plants.

5 Likes

Here’s what works for me
Calcium nitrate when feeding with nitrogen and back off on the others when using this

Oyster shell flour these are pills vitamins and i often find them at the dollar store and 1 600mg pill to a gallon works for me

Calcium carbonate powder is good i get the fine powder and it dissolves really well

I add some type of sugar with this like molasses crystals or brown sugar and a 1/8 tsp of humic acid and the plant really takes it in i use Epson salt with this for home made cal mag and do this on a water day also sea mineral salt is very good to i use sea-90 it’s cheap and like a 1/2tsp per gallon i get a rounded smooth smoke with it.

2 Likes

I watered with cal mag. 1-0-0 today. Lowest N I could find. Also a tsp of Epsom salt. The spots were only slightly larger than yesterday. I will probably flush in a day or two if it continues to spread. But I bet I have it under control now. Ph out was 5.9 and ppm out was 1060. Those numbers read pretty well to me. Temp was 73 and RH was 44% also good.

I dont think I will remove the damaged leaves. I’m pretty sure leaf production has shut down on her and she needs what she has. All energy towards flower now.

1 Like

Okay the son was in school today. No snow day. I have just been giving here ph water with cal-mag 1-0-0 Epson salts for the last two days. The rust has stopped but I figured why not flush, water with cal-mag and Epson salt. Tomorrow is a feeding day. She will be fed then. I think i havr this under control. Pmm after flush was 200, and ph of 5.9. I will feed tomorrow around 1000 ppm and she how she does.

that is the worse looking leaf, and non of the others have gotten worse.

1 Like

@Axemanjake23 i hear a lot of people talking about epson salt if you don’t mind me asking what do that do for the plants thanks

@bellabstar adding epson salt can increase magnesium and helps promote flavors and terpenes. 1tsp per gallon of water.

@Axemanjake23 thanks when do you start the epson salt is it only during flowering?

1 Like

@bellabstar I just started using it due to a deficiency. I may not be the one to ask but i know I know for sure these guys will know.

How often do I add epson salt to my grow. @Myfriendis410 @Nicky @ThcinKC @MattyBear @MrPeat @dbrn32 @blackthumbbetty.

Now lets find out together.
I was planning on once a week.

@Axemanjake23 thanks

I started a small dose (1/2 tsp/gallon) at the flip. At 4 weeks flower went to 1 tsp/gallon and held there until final flush. The plant saw Epsom Salts on feeding days and not watering (Promix HP).

I also provided cal mag in ‘moderate’ dosage (FF Gringo Rasta) of IIRC 1 t/g. For flavor I used the full Monty: GH Floralicious Plus, LKB, Flora Blend, Flora Nectar, Humic Acid, Diamond Nectar etc. (basically the full GH line other than Rapid Start). Best plant I’ve done so far.

4 Likes

I use 1 tablespoon of Epson salt to a gallon every 2 weeks but with the the addition of the 2 288qb boards to my 2 600w hps mh lights im doing it once a week plus I use calcium carbonate or oyster shell calcium when I don’t want nitrogen and use calcium nitrate when nitrogen is needed so like with fox farm i don’t use grow big and substitute with calcium nitrate on full feed days hope this makes sense

It makes sense. Thanks

1 Like

I follow a feed scedule of raw nutes it shows how much cal and mag to give
Cut it down to 1g per gallon basically and go by TDS

1 Like