Supplimenting sunlight with growlight

Dude, outdoors is a whole other animal I haven’t even thought about dabbling off into. I would just suggest a strain that is mold and pest resistant

1 Like

No help here I’ve only been successful outside once. @ThcinKC might be able to recommend some heat, humidity, pest resistant strains for our region.

1 Like

Thanks guys ya like they said I am on my first outside grow and I’m pretty sure if they where not as tough as these wwa they would be dead

Here’s some that i grew outdoor in 5gal buckets in the tree tops
Neem oil and copper soap is a must have and so are lace wings and assian bugs and nematodes
White widow dose well critical mass og kush was o.k. but caterpillar seem to like it alot agsil 16h or a sicilate because of the winds and hail storm we get in this area mantuska did good by my pond and ak 47 did great in the water way had a slight issue with grasshoppers but karanga fixed that sativa i found need to be in the ground by may 10
Don’t forget about deer and rabbits they will eat your stuff to the ground. Deer was my big problem when I planted in the ground

1 Like

White widow was the first that popped to mind for being fairly sturdy plant to handle outdoors and easy to grow. I agree on pest management will be a must. Diatomaceous earth around the base and green soap or something similar treated every few days. Also might want to search for other plants that repel bugs and animals. Mint will keep a lot of bugs away and can be planted right next to cannabis with no issues. I’m sure there’s something you can plant for deer and rabbits as well. I’ll do some looking around for some.

2 Likes

After a little searching it seems deer and rabbits both dislike mint. So that’ll be a winning plant to have around. Plant them on a perimeter around your cannabis and it’ll not only help repel insects that munch on cannabis but also the animals.

I’ve read Gorilla Glue was a good one.

My deer would just walk through the mint plants and eat every thing

1 Like

Ah for those deer you need the extra special mint… made of fast moving lead lol.

3 Likes

My buddy said he uses hair says the deer wont come around it I put mine on the porch

55 grains is all it takes lol

2 Likes

Hey man… I tried to respond but it was my first day on the forum so I had to wait 24 hrs. Thnks for the help and nice Dalmatian man! any pups?

1 Like

Hello there friend… ok so my buddy gives me a small 8 shelf green house. Im in louisiana 90+ temp, 90+ humidity. Im thinking about the temp and humidity getting way too high. Should I use this thing?

1 Like

During veg and early flower you might be okay. Once the plant starts stacking flower though. bud rot is a big concern.

2 Likes

OK thanks. Anyway I can lower the humidity in there?

No way to lower humidity in an outdoor green house. But you will need to add plenty of fans to have a constant breeze moving through it. You will also need to do a little defoliation if the plants get to dense to get airflow through them. Even then you’ll need to watch them carefully in the last few weeks of flower. Humidity and tight flower spacing makes it a easy target for botrytis (bud rot). And once it starts it’s a losing battle.

2 Likes

Thx again. Im not gonna bother with putting a dehumidifier in there.

@DoobieNoobie has obviously got the T-shirt. Me too. I completely agree. You can work with your ambient conditions and keep a really close eye on everything during those last few weeks and treat white powdery mildew as it crops up. Lots of airflow and you would probably be okay.

2 Likes

Oh one more thing. Seeds came in today ! Trully inspired to make this grow happen… THE RIGHT WAY!
Also i have some Ecoscraps Natural and Organic potting mix. We recently had some bad weather from the gulf and I let the soil sit out and collect the storm’s rain. Some of it came from a grow a friend of mines did but he never got to finish. The trees had to be removed just as the were showing pistils. Is this soil still any good?

Im a bit east of you… n living in this giant swamp we call the south know now. BUGS ARE THE REAL THREAT

Mandatory. Also saw peppermint for bigger critters. If ur near woods :white_check_mark:

2 Likes