Supercropping timing, FIM, and lights

Several questions. Something for everyone!

My nets for the grow tent and the SCROG method won’t be here until Thursday. I read where the closest the plants need to be to the lights in veg state is 18" but one is growing fast and at 15" and the light is as high as I can get. I am in AutoPots so they stand up taller. I accidentally slightly torn one stem and splinted with coban and it never even wilted. Am I okay with the plant this close to the light until Thursday? It is an LED MarsHydro TS3000. I can dim the light.

FIM method. See photo. Are the FIMed tops supposed to look like this? Should I have FIMed more? Do you keep doing a FIM or top the side branches?

Supercropping: I experimented with a few lower branches and noticed the branch bent is stronger and doing well. I guess I don’t have to say this is a tricky process, for a first time grower. Do I go ahead and proceed with caution on other branches? Or do they need to be larger to ‘snap’ better. A few just bent and bruised. Is that enough? If you look at the branch to the right of the splinted one in the photo you can see the bruise.

All in all it seems when I think I screwed up bad it works out okay.

1 Like

Looking good ! Nice repair job.you can always do the hand test stick your hand under the light, at the top of the plant if your hand gets hot its too hot for the plant. Also you can gently pull and tie the top over a little to gain a few inches.

1 Like

Thank you. Did the hand test and it feels good to me.

The one who is splinted is the one that is a bit close and I will have to be very careful tying down as I don’t want to aggravate the splint.

Here is the girls this morning. The shrubby one in left back is Grape Ape bagseed. The rest are Wedding Cake from ILGM. Three of them I can’t fit AutoPots in and put in Soft Pots. They were to go outside but our weather is so harsh here that I could not bear to do that. I actually overplanted as I had no idea I would be able to get all of them to this point. Not a bad problem to have I suppose. They may make smaller crop as they are in 3 gallon soft pots but it is better than putting their fate to the constant 20 plus MPH winds with temps in upper 90s here in the high plains desert hell we live in. They are actually all a nice dark green but the lighting and my phone pales them out a bit.

1 Like

Plants look healthy ! you’re definitely going to have a tent full in the near future. I have in the past used a wedge under one side of the pot to gain a little space from top of plant to light ,To get me to the finish line.
Good luck moving forward.

1 Like

So is the wedge to tilt the plant sideways a bit to lower top? I appreciate your input. I have never had as much fun with any ‘hobby’ as I have had with this. Everyday is a new learning lesson and a challenge. It is like a chemistry experiment some days.

3 Likes

Forgot the mention I raised the three plants that are not on AutoPot system to put them closer to level of other plants but will be able to easily drop them back down as needed. That is why you see the upturned plastic pots.

1 Like

Yes that would be correct ! I agree very enjoyable Hobby I’ve had lots of hobbies in my life old cars motorcycles, antiques but this is by far the most enjoyable. I see you give the kids a high chair.

1 Like