Super soil question

Hey there,

I’ve started cooking my first batch of super soil - They’re cooking in 5gal fabric pots. Now, my question is. Will I need to flip this batch still? Or will the fabric pots, and taking the lids off occasionally I provide it with the oxygen it needs to become a healthy medium.

Thanks for listening - Hungry for all informative organic tips so feel free to chuck in your 2 cents worth of what’s helped you with your super soli journey.

M

2 Likes

most let soil cook with less air it holds moisture better that way which is needed to let bacteria and microbes work the stirring actually helps ensure that it cooks and blends evenly. This prevents you having hot spots where nutrients are far too strong oddly the lack of air helps bacteria break down matter too much air and bacteria doesn’t thrive

3 Likes

I found a place that has velcro grow pot flaps on pots you can message me for the site if you like. [quote=“Thirty1O96, post:1, topic:17520, full:true”]

Hey there,

I’ve started cooking my first batch of super soil - They’re cooking in 5gal fabric pots. Now, my question is. Will I need to flip this batch still? Or will the fabric pots, and taking the lids off occasionally I provide it with the oxygen it needs to become a healthy medium.

Thanks for listening - Hungry for all informative organic tips so feel free to chuck in your 2 cents worth of what’s helped you with your super soli journey.

M
[/quote]

I’m using super soil for my outdoor grow. I wanted to go organic as well. I’m so happy I will be using it from now on. Big healthy plants that just require water. I don’t miss the hassel of mixing nutrients. I have one in an earth box on the back porch. I ph the water I give it but probably don’t need to. My other plants in the ground are doing great with only rain water. No ph issues.

I let my supersoil cook in a kids swimming pool covered with black plastic. It’s now being stored in a garbage can.

2 Likes