Super Skunk x Purple Star, Hydro Grow #2

lol in the immortal words of …YOU! …i think this time around i am more equipped to…

lol thanks bro …hope all is well!..I am seeing some yellowing but because its just the top of the plant im leaning towards light stress over a nutrient issue so i brought the power down to 40% from 60% just incase …although my PPMs have been on the high side, i think i will do a flush tomorrow just in case ive let the bathwater get a lil too hot!

1 Like

well its time to move her into the 4x4 the 2x2 just cant contain this beast…i was really hoping to get more than a months use out of the 2x2 im a bit disappointed, reflecting bacck on the purchase of the smaller tent i should have put the money elsewhere and just started out in the 4x4 , live and learrn right

5 Likes

Grow smaller plants, my friend. You’re putting me to shame. :joy:

2 Likes

HAHAHA ya killin me . i am treating this plant like a test subject in a horrible experiment. doing all those things i was afraid of like chiropractics, feeding super aggressively, high stress training etc.

1 Like

just spent the last 8 hrs clearing out the bedroom closet and pulling out all the wall mounted shelving and getting tent up(i thought putting the 4x4 up in a room was difficult, i just put it together in a 5x5 closet and im pretty sure i invented a few new swear words) fans in place and wiring handled. the 4x4 fits like a glove…unfortunately i took too long and missed the lights off deadline so i cant do the actual move until tomorrow

4 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower its happening again!..and im losing control over her. man i see myself slipping right back into old mistakes lol

3 Likes

Haha! All I’m seeing a is a monster plant developing. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:
What do you feel like the problem is?

1 Like

i just feel like im doing the same thing i want to defoliate but another part of me just wants to let her run wild …im thinking i need to trellis …i guess thats my biggest issue yo yos have gotten me this far but its getting out of hand again…this is how it all went bad for me last time and i ended up with a lb of smalls from the deep lol, i just need to be more active about the canopy and somehow i seem to fail at keeping it all level. is it too soon tyo trellis i mean im already thinking about flipping to flower shes already filling up that 4x4

1 Like

I like a more firm scrog that doesn’t bend too much, as compared to the trellis nets. I made mine with 3/4" pvc screws and string (3" squares), For a 4x4, I would use 1" pvc. with screws and string.
You can attach it to your tent poles using zip ties like this:

The zip tie on the poles are just tight enough so I can slide them up and down the poles as needed.

If it were me, I would trim everything off of the bottom third of the plant.
Thin out some small branches that won’t make it to the net.
Thin out some large leaves blocking the light near the top.
Flip the lights and put a scrog on within the next 2-3 days.
Let the scrog set down about an inch or two and start tucking branches to keep it all level.

Prepare a second scrog.
Over the next two weeks, continue to tuck and train, (may have to use ties to hold her down.
About the time the first bud site start to show, I would put the second scrog on, and adjust the height accordingly. Usually not too much tucking after that. They may continue to stretch a little more.

Here is an little visual example of how rough I get…lol

7-9 before defole:

7-11 after defole and adding scrog:

Flipped on 7-17: 2 days later 7-19

Two weeks later 7-31

Ok here’s one more…lol

Before defol

After defol

Finish product

Hope this helps some. You got this! :+1: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

that is absolutely beautiful!

2 Likes

heck yah thanks for the visual, i love your setup spy it looks so clean and organized like you could perform surgery in there.

well i did a little trimming today, after clearing a lot of the fan leaves i noticed a lot of light stress so i turned the lights down to 60% and rasied the light by 4 inches to get back to 24 inches…it doesnt look like deficiency i dont believe but i could be wrong 2nd opinion? im thinking tomorrow i will finish defoliation and add the scrog net

3 Likes

Holy snot locker Batman, I would never trim that much…. Lol Na, j/k
Look like somebody been getting in some therapy with girls today. Good job! Ain’t it fun! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

LOL!! just a little off the bottom :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

everythings going smooth i am going to rehome her into a the larger res for less waterings i think, still undecided but i think its going to be required going into flower, its juts gonna be too difficulty to pop the net cup off to add water after i put the scrog net up. plus if i rehome back into the 20 gallon cooler it will help with reservoir temps not that temps will be an issue in another month its already dropping here…actually with water chiller thats not an issue at best though it will take some of the workload off the water chiller that things runs constant

3 Likes

hey @HappyHydroGrower , i have a question for you. I just got a new grow light and it has a dimmer from 0-100 ive been running as you suggested 20 inches above canopy at 60%, i am in my transition week to flower, my question is do i ever increase the light from 60? it makes me a little ne4rvous because i played around above 60 earlier on and the light burn was real at around 80. or should i keep digging through crates for my lux meter and stop guessing??

2 Likes

I think I would go up on the power to about 75% over the next week or so and see how she does. Look for signs of yellowing and leaf tips curling up. If that happens back off of the power some. Also maybe lower lights down to about 18”
By either increasing the power and or lowering the lights, it might help the buds come in a little closer together.
Also keep an eye on plant level temps. And keep it level.
You got this. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

P.S.

Pictures, don’t forget pictures!! :wink::joy::grin:

3 Likes

heck yah spy thanks for gettin back to me so fast, appreciate it…pictures incoming , i just linked my phone to my pc so i can upload pictures without patch cable …man im so behind the times lol, I just started the 2 site RDWC and figures my leak detector just crapped out so i have to open the tent every hour to leak check for the first few days

2 Likes

Random chance is half the fun, IMO. I just threw “a pinch” of recharge into my res, we’ll see what that means in a few days :rofl:

You got this.

1 Like

LMAO!! wassup @Graysin hope your doing good bro!..havent played with recharge but i have heard that recharge whacks your PH but that you dont need to correct ph because apparently recharge just pimp slaps the plant into taking in nutes regardless …any truth to this?

1 Like