Super Skunk x Purple Star, Hydro Grow #2

Just fimmed after the 3rd true sets…pushing for max sites with smallest growth.

she a chubby girl, hooking up the water chiller today and about to ramp nutes to delicious levels!, hey i need some eyes on this thing she growing a little weird i just noticed the chunky undergrowth pushing out today,

2 Likes

She looks good! Is that an Indica? Maybe raise your lights and try to get her to stretch out some?? :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

wassup spy hope your doin good . 50/50 hybrid… she has stretched a lot, i dropped her deep into the net pot. light is at 18" up from 12" last week…but i did only start at 30% light because 50 had them leaves headin south towards end of day cycle. you can get this strain here but heres the cheat sheet from robert

ORIGIN Super Skunk and Purple Star
EFFECTS Euphoric – 10
Relaxed – 8
Happy – 6
Uplifted – 5
Tingly – 3
ADVERSE REACTIONS (NEGATIVE) Dizzy – 10
Dry eyes – 9
Dry mouth – 7
Anxious – 5
Paranoid – 1
FRAGRANCE Pungent, skunky, woody, pine
FLAVORS Sweet, peppery, sage, pine, woody, tea
MEDICAL Pain – 10
Muscle spasms – 8
Seizures – 8
Nausea – 7
Depression – 3
FLOWERING TIME INDOORS 7 to 8 weeks
FLOWERING TIME OUTDOORS Early October
THC CONTENT % 14% to 16%
CBD % 0.1% to 0.7%
INDICA / SATIVA % 50%/50%
INDOOR YIELD 8 to 12 ounces per square meter
OUTDOOR YIELD 12 ounces or more per plant
RESISTANCE TO DISEASE resistant to common molds and mildew
1 Like

She looks pretty good. The weird leaves look like it could either be a: minor ph imbalance or b: classic young plant leaf weirdness. I’m leaning toward b, but it wouldn’t hurt to check the PH and water temps just to be sure. What medium is she in again? Is that coco?

PS what did you use to get the bucket converted to an RDWC? I’ve got something nearly identical for DWC and I’m seriously contemplating getting it rigged up to RDWC instead. My water temps could sorely use a chiller.

2 Likes

thanks for checkin graysin much appreciated …im hoping just leaf weirdness, i keep ph fluctuating between 5.5 and 6.1, the net pot is coco and the chiller turns your DWC to RDWC…i use a 32 watt pump in the bottom of res and the return is a fallponic…its the single bucket solution

2 Likes

Makes sense - I have 15 buckets total - I like keeping some on hand for easy water changes, but I have like 8 I’m trying to figure out how to connect and get recirculating + chilling so I can give them all the same nutes in a reservoir to cycle through each container. 3/4” PVC pipes and a water pump is probably the easiest answer? Quick connects so I can add and remove as many buckets as I want…. Hm.

2 Likes

yep you got it …have you seen some of the vids of gary from PA hydroponics hydro builds…he also sells hydro parts cheaper than anywhere else on the planet. …ideally y7ou would just set chiller to reservoir bucket and it would circulate and chill the rest …i got a really inexpensive chiller and it does work!..but when i dig down into whats in this thing it really just looks like the same way a PC CPU dissipates heat basic heat sink and fans on a waterblock with an in/out and a pump …you dont need to spend hundreds of $$$ you can probably source all parts and make one for like $50 bucks that you see on amazon for $300-400

3 Likes

@nodurxshn I’ll have to look it up. The cost of a chiller has definitely been a big factor in not buying one and getting to work on the pvc piping. Thanks!

1 Like

heck yah @Graysin im with you 100 on that price issue but when i considered all the time, effort and inconvenience of the alternatives its not really a choice , out of all the useless things i have bought in the name of hydroponics next to my lights this is the best place i could have put my money …there arent words that can explain the joy i get when i think about never having to chill res water to add slowly or run ice packs or swap frozen water bottles that have been thawed and frozen a dozen times so they burnout and lids pop and douche out the res…but hey check out this video on the tube its perfect example of how to make a DIY water chiller with a simple heat sink fan and pelt block look up ----> [Tutorial] How To DIY Peltier Water Cooler System For Aquascape

2 Likes

heck yah i just recently found a spot out here in las vegas you can get food grade 5 gal black buckets w/ black lids for 99 cents ea

2 Likes

Damn! If I wasn’t already stocked that would be worth the 7hr drive (plus the vegas weed I got a few months ago was well worth the journey, wouldn’t mind a restock)

1 Like

Ok i NEEED opinions :slight_smile: …so take a look at these water leaves they are getting so massive…im growing in hydro so i know they hold nutes but how bad would it be to trim em off?..im asking because of how young this girl is but man no kidding these water leaves are thicker than the stock they are the diameter of a No. 2 pencil or should i just continue to tuck and weave? …thanks everyone any help is always super appreciated and i cannot thank everyone enough for always coming through for me and my NEED for help :rofl:

3 Likes

Have you topped or fimmed? I would let them grow (solar panels). Maybe in another week or two take a couple off of the center to let the light down into the canopy.

IMO, I like to top and then a couple of weeks later I take a couple to let the light in. Then it’s a mad house to keep up with them. :+1: :v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

yesir spy …i fimmed instead of topped…id like to remove the two big leaves…the one pictured in my hand and an identical one on the other side :stuck_out_tongue: i can hold off and keep tucking them them under no problem though i just know they will grow to stupid sizes, i may just break the 4x4 back out if no reason than to just have more room to work around.

1 Like

What kind of light do you have and how high are you running it?

1 Like

thanks @spyonyou for your input …appreciate it bro

set at 35%
an accurate distance from top of plant to light is exactly… 12 inches!

1 Like

You could probably raise it to 24” and cut the power up to about 50%, may help them node-spacing to spread out some, that is if you want them too. That’s what I am trying with my lights and then when they switch to flower, lower them back down to get a tight bud formation.

Before taking my opinion, I would get the advise of @Hellraiser @dbrn32

I got a knew light this grow and I’m still trying to get the hang of it. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sounds like solid advice to me.

2 Likes

in the same boat new light lol , man im thankful for everyone here…ok so raise light from 12 to 24 inches and increase power from 30% to 50%…im on it you the man @HappyHydroGrower and thank you for the 2nd opinion @dbrn32 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes