Super skunk, lighting question bad idea...?

I think I might just fork it out and get the 650 @imSICKkid

1 Like

I am currently running 3- 260’s and 2- 550’s in my 8x8 and contemplating another 260 :+1: :v:

3 Likes

Is that not overkill? @repins12

Could be. I run all of my lights turned all the way down the complete cycle. I have the tendency to overdo everything :+1: :v:

1 Like

@repins12 you are harnessing the sun in your tent!!!

1 Like

I’m attempting to lasso that sum biotch and pull it into my tent :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

1 Like

@repins12 that you are my friend, I am actually reading another thread you did of your new tent. Anyway I can get some pictures of your setup under the totem lids? I am trying to get some more understanding of other people hydro setups. I have a drip setup from general hydroponics it works great just kinda cramped in the planter with 5 plants.

1 Like

Do you want pictures of my old smaller system or my new system. Old system 3 grow totes and 1 res tote, in a 5x5. New system6 grow tote and larger res on exterior of 8x8. I’m toying with the idea of next run 8 grow totes and exterior res. Still pondering on that. I don’t want to grow more than6 plants inthe hydro, just figured, it would give me more room, more water/solution and make it easier to keep water temps low. My end game is to do a complete grow without a res change. If not for the need for more space to veg, I believe that I would have accomplished this on the first try. Maybe next time. :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

Yeah either one I just want to see how you are feeding nutes to the roots. @repins12

1 Like

I had to talk myself out of getting the new 650r, what a beast of a light, but way too much light for my 3x3x6 flowering tent, so I went with the 550rspec, and bumped it up with the 30 watt UVA addon. If I had a bigger tent, I would have got the 650 and the UVA.

2 Likes

It’s a sorta hybrid undercurrent system that I came up with a few tweaks here and there from other research. Don’t laugh at my drawings

This was my basic final plan

After mock up it ended up something like this

And ended up like this. Time for a change. And that was my first design. I can tell you that I will never redesign my system again in the middle of a grow. WTF was I thinking. I can show you my current design, if you would like. :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

@Hellraiser even the 550 is kinda big for a 3x3 if I am correct, but you will definitely get some good yield from it.

@repins12 are you just flooding the roots or do you have misters??

No doubt, but I wanted the coverage of four QB boards, and the coverage is absolute, exactly what I wanted, run it dimmed at 420 watts. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Hellraiser what strains are you running now? Do you use soil or hydro? What nutes are you using? Sorry for all the questions, just got back into growing after 15 yrs out of the game. Shit has changed so much.

Roots are constantly in water that is constantly being circulated throughout the system. Keeps salts from building up. I have an air brake at the res to make sure the solution is constantly being mixed. I designed top feeding rings but never needed them.

A ring of perforated water line attached to a T with another piece of water line to a control valve zip tied below the hydroton. Never used them the pump that I bought is still in the box :v:

Soil, hydro is too noisy for my bedroom. Had 2 adult kids move back home and I had to downsize so running 2 3x3 tents in the master bedroom, one for veg, another flowering. I grow mostly my own developed strains as clones but like to pop some fem seeds now and then, currently growing some ILGM Gorilla Glue in veg and 3 of my Cherry Ice Cream clones in flowering. I use Advanced Nutrients.

1 Like

I run my lights on the lowest setting as well. I’m just considering another 260xl to even out light distribution. I figure the lower I run them the longer the lifetime. Just my opinion, maybe I’m wrong. My experience as a contractor and an inspector has led me to this opinion over time. Lights ran at full blast don’t seem to last as long as the same lights ran on low. Just my experience over the years, I’m sure that there are others that will disagree but, I just know what I have seen and experienced over the years with lights that have nothing to do with growing weed. You are 100% correct even if you have the right wattage, without the right coverage, you are not getting the best efficiency outta your lights. Just my thoughts. :tumbler_glass: :v:

2 Likes

Yep, running at lower watts, runs cooler, runs longer, no doubt.

Complete opposite of where I was with HPS, run it hotter, throw more watts at it, use the turbo boost. LOL

1 Like

I was doing the same thing in the beginning my brother, until I re-thunk it :v: