Super skunk, lighting question bad idea...?

Ok guys so I decided to put some of my t5 6500k above my seedlings in my tent bc i felt like they were stretching and just not growing fast enough. Do you think these t5 with my bestva 1500 (shit) light and 1500 (china bs) cob light will make a diffrence??

3 Likes

i won’t go into the light thing at all as i’m not strong on that subject, but i don’t see stretch that is too bad there. i am having a problem with getting enough stretch at the beginning. mostly i see a couple of inches and when the plant gets to veg stage you have bottom leaves in the dirt. if they stretch to 3 or 4 inches while seedlings i think you have a better chance to keep them out of the dirt.

1 Like

They are just moving towards the light. Sideways a little

1 Like

they look fine to me in the pics. one thing to help strengthen the stems is to have a fan blowing in the area so that they sway in the breeze a bit. do not put a high power fan blowing directly on them. angle the fan away so that the little girls just sway a little bit, that will help strengthen the main stalk.

There is a fan in there, I am probably just overthinking it. I am going to just leave them in there for a week or so and see how they react.

1 Like

are u seeing some jiggle in your seedlings? if not, change where your fan blows until u see some movement in the plants

1 Like

Yes they are moving a little bit

1 Like

Might as well bite the bullet and DIY a good light to eliminate the problem all together. Right now your just kinda putting band aids on top of band aids. What are you going to flower them with? You can get a pack of QB 120s and an HLG 240H-C2100A driver light for around 300 and that will tremendously help you with your grow. The lighting is so worth it and its definitely the most essential part of indoor horticulture.

3 Likes

I am getting hlgs next month. Had to pay the big bills this week. I was going to get the 600w v2 r spec for my 5x5 flower tent and get the 240 for my 4x4 veg. @imSICKkid

3 Likes

@imSICKkid can you post pictures or links of what you are talking about? QB 120s?

1 Like

Go to Horticulture Lighting Group .com and look at their Quantum Boards

3 Likes

@AfgVet I am saving up for one now, until then the good ole 1000w hps will definitely produce what I need.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, for sure. The hps will do it.

1 Like

@imSICKkid which boards should I order? I was going to go with the qb132 and should I go with 3000,3500, or 4000k? I will be using these for flower and I was going to build two of these lights with four boards on each. And which 132 boards for my veg tent as well?

1 Like

@imSICKkid should I go with larger boards?? The idea is to switch over both of my tents, veg and flower to these boards. Just trying to get some ideas first. Sorry to bother. If I go with the bigger boards only difference is I will need a heatsink and possibly a different driver correct?

1 Like

If your building 2 different lights then I would use 3k for flowering and 4k for vegging. I like the 132s and the 120s. Here is how you figure out how much you need. For flowering you need around 40 to 50 watts per sq ft.

Example…if I had a 5x5 tent I would multiply 5x5 equals 25… then take 25x50= 1,250 watts. So you need 1250watts in the 5x5. A set of QB 120s on an HLG 240h-c2100a is going to give you around 250watts full power. So if you did the tent with 120 boards, you would need 5 drivers and 5 sets of boards(20 boards).

1 Like

@imSICKkid and what about bigger boards, only difference is I will need a heatsink correct?

1 Like

Yeah…you could get 3 of the 260xl kits from HLG and it would be a beast setup

I think I am going to just get the 550 or maybe the 650. @imSICKkid

1 Like

Well I would have suggested the new 650 but it’s a chunk of change and most people on here dont throw that kind of money at a light lol that new 650 is a BEAST