Super Skunk journal #1

Is that you standard procedure to front load flower nutes prior to flip? The reason I ask is today is feed day and I plan on flipping Wednesday - day 66. It sounds like a good idea to have them on board when they need it.

1 Like

Yepper!! Mine are getting flipped on friday… just prepping them for the flip seems to show pistals a few day earlier than not it definitely doesn’t slow them down during flip… seems to put on flower faster when they aren’t looking for the nutes when the lights say it’s time to flower…Lol… here’s mine today after 2 feeds with Bloom nutes

Been watching your grow, and you definitely got it going on over there!!!but I will say the 2 that were Fim’ed and on Jack’s 321 have definitely filled the screen better/easier … I may not top again…Lol the on in front is fimmed also and is at 24"from soil… cute little thing she is!

6 Likes

Had th chop this one up yesterday bc it finally showed itself!! Hurt to do it but you gotta go!!

3 Likes

:hushed::hushed::hushed:NNNNnnoooooooooooooo!
Haven’t had the displeasure of that YET…not a good day… Eddie Van Halen and now This!:man_facepalming::man_facepalming: I gota go medicate…
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks I am having fun with all of them. Trying some different stuff. I am seeing some shortcomings but overall happy with them so far.
The one in front is a bit of a butterball and yes very cute.
The AK-47s in the tent are over 9 weeks and maybe 7". Held them down for as long as I can. Very little LST going forward and will be pretty much letting them go. Curious to see where they end up when I flip next week.

1 Like

Yep that pretty much what I’m doing now, I’ll tuck them under the screen if needed to get the the last squares but Only if there big enough to still stay growing up in that square otherwise there on there own until the first defoliation!!

1 Like

Ok just a quick observation…
The one on the Left is The Jack’s 321w/ fulvic, and 2 doses of the DIY Terpinator only.

The one one the right is Fox Farm Trio w/cal-mag, and leftover store bought Terpinator.( Basically my regular nutes I have used all the time)… Today is day 52 from transplant.

Well…
The growth is Better with Jack’s 321,
Stalks are Bigger on the Fox Farm and the fans grow bigger and faster with Fox Farm… maybe cause that one was topped? The fims are wider with smaller fans… but there more of them and seem to grow more evenly if that makes sense… as the fox Farm seem to put the energy into the growing those big ass fans…
There is definently a difference in how there growing and what the energy is being used for… not sure why… but… I’m learning a lot and we’ll see in the buds what happens when they start…They will be flipped to 12/12 on friday

Oh…BTW, The Hash I made the other day is intense… hits fast and hard… really hard… it is a mix of all the trim from Big Bud,Chocolope and Aminisa Haze. It is a one hit Possibly 2 and a night of much needed sleep whether you want to or not!

6 Likes

Which one was this?

1 Like

A strain i was testing for a breeder, 3rd cardiac. Very good stuff!!

8 Likes

I woke up this morning thinking about your post on using fulvic acid. Old habits stay with you I guess. Spent 40+ years waking up in the middle of the night thinking about client work and taking care of their issues.
As I mentioned I use a product called Root Hume which is a mix of both humic and fulvic acids. One of its benefits is its fairly high ph. Depending on the concentration it can be as high as 10+ and ppm of 150-180. The high ph helps moderates the ph lowering primary advanced nutrients I use (Iguana Juice and Mother Earth Tea). In one mix it went from 10.8 to 6.7 after adding AN.
Do you know if the Power Grown fulvic acid powder has a similar attribute?
Because I am new to using this advanced nutrient line, I check ph & ppm after each product is added.
Thanks

2 Likes

The Fulvic will lower the ph, with the Jack 321 w/fulvic I find my ph usually around 6.6-6.8 before the fulvic it would be around 7 -7.5 so I had to use ph down… since using the fulvic, I haven’t had to. In the Dudegrows forums a guy called Mystro… is where I’ve gotten a lot of my info on the fulvic and other things… look him up there’s a lot of post pertaining to this!! Gota love the way people share there info!!

1 Like

:astonished::astonished:

what happens when old guys stay bent over way too long :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: just hoping the repairs take! We’ll see, anyway they spent 18hr in dark now the lights are back on and now are on a 12/12!
There drinking more now atleast a gallon a day now each, was getting 2 days between water but checked today and were pretty light… too hot in the tent … got to 92° yesterday in there… it was a big reason I gave them some dark and flipped today instead of tomorrow…kept the tent open to get the temp down before I fed them… I’ll issue with a pic tomorrow

thanks. it must be the liquid in the root hume that gives the high ph. appreciate the info

1 Like

Not much time lately to care for my plants or stay caught up, my sister inlaw had a bad stroke the other day and… anyway…ended up putting here in hospice this morning :disappointed::disappointed_relieved:.

But here they are on only day 2 of 12/12 … they are drinking/eating a Lot more now… at full nutes of 8 - 900 ppm.

Looks like the 3 broke branches are healing ok!!

And then there this little girl…

6 Likes

Sorry to hear of family illness Tom thoughts and prayers for your family.

3 Likes

Thanks @Witchhouse for the kind words, it came out if the blue, and she passed this morn 1:37am… :disappointed: but she’s at peace now… off to do what’s needed today… may do an update later, have a good one

2 Likes

Just did my big leaf strip on the ladies. So many budsites on them!! Little ladies are doing fantastic. They really took off. Oh and what is this the beginning of? Trying out mainlining on five of my super skunks!!! Everything looks great! #colahunter

4 Likes

My thoughts and prayers are with you Tom, we are here if you need to unload :v:

4 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss @Teacherttom1. Prayers for her family and loved ones :pray:

2 Likes

Tough times, sister in law passed now her 94 yr old mom is in hosp for high bp… and now we have 5 little yappers(dogs) all from medical rescue, which in it’s own right is a challenge…but

Anyway, fed them the other day at 1000ppm … just a quick pic from 2 days ago… I’ll update prolly tomorrow as it really the first day I’ll be able to relax a bit…
Thanks for the words… means alot.

Obviously the Jack’s 321 is out performing the FF trio…BUT Again… the stalk on the FF is markedly bigger but the growth on the Jack’s is better… wondering if the buds will be different… we’ll see. There on 12/12 for a week now so I’m thinking there should be some sign of pre-flower today. Pic later.

2 Likes