Super Skunk journal #1

@Queensly,
You’re in the right place Gromie,
Plenty of encouragement and learning here my friend :v:

Teacherttom lookin good my friend keep plugging away, as the Wizard said, great design on the frames nice work :ok_hand:

Good vibes, keep it green :v:

2 Likes

There looking good, be careful on the spritzing when the light are on… I would put a dome over them and spray in the dome. After they get some new leads and a bit stronger… you’ll see a big change in just a few days if you dome them!! Good luck you hot a great start!!!

7’ banana pepper. You must have 100’s of peppers. If you grow grape tomatoes they must be 20’.

1 Like

Thank you! I was hoping you were looking in, there are a few that I look up to here and u are one! Turned out the simplest thing worked out pretty well! Can move them, turn them, and if I have to can be raised or lowered​:man_facepalming: some of the other ones I’ve done needed building plans for crying out loud.:rofl:

1 Like

I made the scrog to fit my space, i suspend it from the top same as the lights. Therefore no mater the height of the plant you lower it into position. Time for chop i cut the string lift scrog out over the plant or plants. Stay lit

3 Likes

Don’t worry about the whole in the center, once you flip and begin the stretch you can tie the node down across the top of the scrog to fill any holes in your sea of green. I know you got this!

2 Likes

I do something similar in my tent. Before I assembled the frame, I built a pvc scrog frame that slides up & down the tent poles and it is raised / lowered using a rope ratchet.

Now I am wanting a single plant stand-alone frame. I rummaged around the garage and my shop and I think I came up with the pieces for something that will work. Function over beauty. Hopefully it will work beautifully. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Havent seen that before but hey… if it works… this is the first time I can actually move them… I can see already its gonna help a lot on the trimming! Post it up when you get it done!!

Today did nothing … but started one of the lights to go to full power… First of 3 Burple got turned to flower power within prolly 4-5 days all the burples to full flower power … which is…
2, 300w Hydro crunch actual power is 60/120w each…so 120/240w
1 King led 1200w rspec ir/uv, actual 120/240w
1 Qb 240 rspc actual 80 up to 248w still at 3/4 power (it may stay there, cause my last med grow the buds seemed to get idk… dry… if that makes sense… went from sticky gooey to sticky dry… I guess is the best way to describe it. And it didn’t happen before I got the Qb… soooo…great light but it may be staying on 3/4…)
All Tested with a kill a watt tester at the wall. A mixture but they grow some awesome tight Big nugs!!
Then I guess I’m just gonna flip them after they get a few days of the good light and fill the screen. These turned out to be really aggressive veggers!! Got a feeling there’s gonna be a Lot of bending twisting to keep them in the screen size!

3 Likes

They have gotten stupid ! I dont want them any more :joy: … yes prolly close to 100 or more. I’m over peppered! …the Roma tomatoes came and gone but her clone has 5 flowers now… but… a good testament for Jack’s 321 and FFOF soil for sure. LOL

1 Like

My 260s have done great for me at 220w. I only run them at full when the plants are tall. Most of the time in a scrog. 220 is fine. :grin: My 320 has only seen that one time. I run it at the same as what ever the other lights are on.

1 Like

Haha… back and forth… Yeah with the heat in there still at 80-85 for what ever reason… I had them all on full and was pretty hard to control the heat and I see that this time isn’t gonna be any different so glad to hear they do good lowered. Some leaf’s got a little crispy last time. Going to get some humidity in there some how this week…2 shredder baskets full of water I’m thinking…lol, you have a good night gonna try to get :sleeping:

1 Like

My room is to high humidity most of the day. In the 60s at least. I will run the dehumidifier when I have to. Average room temp is 86 in the day. The dehumidifier shoots that up. So I am trying to run it at night if I need. I forgot. More plants. more humidity lol. I can open the door during the day. So that helps to drop it. I have never got crispy leaves other than with my vipars. One light is about 6" maybe over one of the plants at 260w right now

1 Like

6" wow, I see people running them low but I get any closer than say 18" they get tough rubbery type leaf’s and snap when you squeeze one… weird I know… but backed the qb off and they got better looking pretty quick. Prolly the qb itself, it’s a knock off from Ali Express. Lol This grow is really the first test for it from start to finish, being adjustable helps! My humidity is Never above 30 more like 10 -30 on a reg… but just going to put pails of water in it and see.:crossed_fingers:

Ok… I had this all posted and realized it wasn’t …Here :man_facepalming:So here it is.
They all got a gallon of Ph 6.8 water only… and got tied down again… I bent the top right 90° day before yesterday. She was only topped.
Filling in the holes in the middle on the one that was Fim’ed.
Before trim and tie

After the trim and tie, filling in the middle hole, the outer rim will come shortly! That fim in front is shaping up to be a pretty plant. Lot of little tops in there that will be comming soon!
There pretty strong too, I beat them up pretty good getting them down and bound up…:thinking: Lol

May have to get in there and get those extra leaf’s soon… those clumps are tops on the top left Fim’ed one, but gonna let them turn up a few days so I can get them to spread out to the edges. Night all, early one for me, medication and sleepZzZzzZz.

6 Likes

I have scrog a few times T, but my last time i also waited for them to pop threw and as they grew i tied the taller ones to the scrog from over top. I never did that previously but it worked to fill in and to keep the canopy even. Stay lit looking good! :hotsprings::fire:

1 Like

Almost messed up on feeding today,The Jack’s 321 scale weights were off…good thing I checked ppm 1498!! So had to spilt into 4 gals … course couldn’t get them even… one was like 850…720…ect. had to use 3 TBS the ff grow to get to 800ppm …soooo heavy feed for all today… we’ll see tomorrow if they alive… I wanted to up the mag and the cal in the Jack’s as they show a bit of a deficiency I think… had an few white tips show up, so I looked all over and only came up with it needed more nutes OR possible zinc or copper deficiency?? Have no idea or exp with knowing that! Anyway… off to try and get caught up! Lol

3 Likes

I had the same issue yesterday. Having changed nutrient lines and adding supplements according to the feed schedule, my unfamiliarity with the changes have added a bit of fusing to get the ppm where they should be. Big Bud was added to the mix this feed so the ph was lowered and ppm increased from previous feed. Kept diluting with tap water (which has a higher ph but adds ppm) till I got the ppm within range. A couple ML of ph up took care of the ph.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a juggling match for me… some say Jack’s Is easier, I find in soil with only 2 plants feeding now on a reg is …well a pita Lol… the 3 part mix in a certain order only 2 gal… the measuring all the time I’m not liking… easy enough but… think I’m just gonna take some time and make up like 50 little 1 gallon mix packets and be done with it for a while! Lol

2 Likes

I’ve been bending,tieing tucking every other day so far. I’ve seen how these stretch so I’m hoping to keep them down, but one is not cooperating…its how I put the pot under the screen I believe cause it all over to one side… I’m gonna try to turn it 180 and see if that helps before I have to pull the screen and reposition everything :man_facepalming::man_facepalming: so yeah I’m liking the one that is growing with out the screen about now! Lol

2 Likes