Super Skunk journal #1

Welcome @Good_Piff to I❤GM !! Good place to be and thanks for watching. Your ladies are looking pretty healthy themselves!

3 Likes

@Teacherttom1 hey bud reading your journal I have superskunk auto to ilovegrowingmarajuana iv had a hard time getting them to come through soil to

1 Like

Good luck to you I’ll be watching you grow superskunk it’s a very good strain

1 Like

What size pvc pipe did you use for your scrog frame? I’m thinking I may need a stand alone one similar to that.

2 Likes

Glad to have ya aboard, Idk… what happened in the beginning of these… but when they took … they took well! Looking forward to this one for sure…haven’t had good Skunk smoke in years!

1 Like

Its 1/2" not glued just boot laced to keep it sturdy. I have put a bunch of different shapes together this was just the simplest at the time. There are a few people here that have movable scrogs that are fantastic … but the ones I make seem to be to labor intensive :rofl::rofl:… these were easy!
not sure where in this(my first grow journal)
First time scrogging journal it is but there is pics of some others that were helping me out on getting one together! Check out post 33 there @Myfriendis410 has the bomb set ups there are a few more in there

3 Likes

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if it was 1/2 or 3/4. I have seen myfriends scrog before. Not sure where but may have been on your scrogging thread. I have a bunch of 1" pipe and connectors from a garden project. That size may be a little overkill for what is needed. Maybe it is time for a trip to Menards. It has been a couple days.

1 Like

I will be following. I am on my second grow of super skunk.
Got to love the skunk!

1 Like

I used 3/4” was easy to drill the holes. I also didn’t glue my connections. I went with a floating scrog for easy use and adjustment when needed. :palm_tree::lizard:

2 Likes

Welcome to my madness! LOL!

1 Like

Good looking SCROG frames, the whole grow is looking good.

Like the idea of a floating setup… almost went that way but … idk… I want to try everything all at once… hate this patients thing!! LOL!! I have 2 other scrogs set up that are self contained but were to big for the 4x4 tent… so I’m using them for tomatos lol

1 Like

Floating in what way? I would like mine to adjust in height. Use 3/4" inside a made of base of 1" and use set screws or thru pins to hold in place. Not quite sure yet but will come up with something

1 Like

My idea was to hang from the corners of the tent and let it hang in position… but found I didn’t have the room to do it correctly…it has to be heavier so it won’t raise up… on mine last grow they lifted the scrog 2 inches of the ground… so now I weight it down with a string and a half a brick when necessary

1 Like

:thinking::thinking: guess I should have left a couple branches to fill that center hole … oh well, first time Fim’ed and a lesson learned…

There doing ok but the one Fim’ed in front is doing the best… it bent all the lower branches 90° to open it up a bit and Bent the top of the back right and zip tied it down… prolly going to flip next week…
Turned up the Qb to 3/4 power and the other lights are still on veg for now… will turn on the flower lights in a few days before I put them on 12/12 … they have been on 24/7 since transplant on Aug 14 so today is day 38 of veg…

6 Likes

I have never did the lights on a 24hr period. I would bet those would be twice that size if they had gotten a dark period though. Mine do most their growing in the dark. I use a 16/8 my self. Once you flip. They will grow enough for you to start filling in though :grin:

1 Like

They get a 18hr dark period every 10 days… only did that cause I thought i read somewhere they have to rest but then i read the other way 24hr no rest soooo… kinda in the middle I guess. But I do know 18/6 when scroggin the bigger nets it added 45 or more days on the the grow to get a good harvest… so this is a trial to see if I can get the screen filled in 45 days and flip !! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Interesting. I will be looking forward to see how it turns out. What week are these on right now? I normally flip at the end of week 7

1 Like

Today is day 38 from transplant…so week 5? good growth I think considering I’ve pulled every big fan till it stoped making them to try to keep them tameable(?) Have trimmed over a 1/4lb of crap leaf’s So far so good I think, but there turning out to be pretty vigorous! So hopefully if I have this right … my Next 30 days should be pretty great too!!

2 Likes

Well i have a super skunk hero i just started check mine out i have a post up. But I did mine straight to soil. Im n my 5th week. They still babies but they coming :laughing:

the first pic like week 3 the other are from this week. I hope to get bigger like y’all

5 Likes