Super skunk first time indoors

She looks like she’s right between my two, so she’s ahead of mine that popped on the same day.

2 Likes

She was on a 24hr light schedule for week one. Week two is gonna be 20/4 schedule then 18/6 for the rest of veg time. That sound to all you pros out there, or should i just jump straight into the 18/6 schedule?

1 Like

This seems to be a highly debated topic. I’ve heard that leaving 24/0 actually shortens the veg cycle others say they need some sleep…
Lots of info on it on the web. I personally, me being a noob, did 2 weeks at 24/0 and went to 18/6 to save a little on electricity. For whatever that’s worth :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You still using that strip led? Or is it under the 130w?

1 Like

I use a 14/10 on my autos. Here is what I have found for me. Giving the plant a little time to rest also allows it to stretch a little. The more light I gave. The less stretch I get.

2 Likes

I’m using 2 6500k daylight bulbs 23w tornado cfl’s. seemed that the strip just wasn’t letting it grow very fast.

1 Like

What distance you think I should put it under the 130w when I do? I was told the cfl’s would veg to node #4. my seedling is starting set #3. seems like very little stretching between nodes.

IMHO, its a plant. We try to simulate a perfect environment, but outside it stays dark for quite a while longer. So 6 hours of dark is still pushing the envelope of “natural”. I think trying to rush the grow can create more problems in the future.

2 Likes

Dayum indy is growing up :muscle: penny has a long way to go to catch up :thinking:

2 Likes

My light pulls 390w from the wall and I started at 30 inches and slowly moved down. I wanna say @MattyBear told me about 20 inches and it’s gotten as close as 15 inches with no burn.
Matt will better know where to put it. My guess is about 12 inches for yours

3 Likes

yours are looking healthy @Wildwest! You should be proud. mine was under a 24hr light schedule for a week at the start. I think that’s why is here so quick.

1 Like

Cfl’s, the little household ones, can be set really close to the plant. A couple inches even. The bigger cfl’s pulling more watts and putting off more heat, should be a little farther away. Put the back of your hand between the light and the plant. If it’s too hot to make your hand uncomfortable, they’re too close. I think this is meant for @Drillbit

6 Likes

Ahh mine hasnt had 24hrs light maybe 18 at the most i know this isnt ideal but its what i got to work with atm!
Thanks for your kind words @Drillbit i am a proud mum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should have your cups covered with a darker one if you don’t all ready. :grinning: Clear is not good for the roots

3 Likes

You mean like sitting inside another cup right?

2 Likes

I think he was talking about a 130w from the wall LED @MattyBear sorry for the confusion

2 Likes

Yes so the roots are not exposed to light I just took another cup and wrapped it with electrical tape to block out the light. then sat the clear cup in it. I like using clear cups because I can slip the sleeve off and see how the roots in the main cup are doing.

3 Likes

Oh. Then I’d start at 30” as a seedling. 24” at start of veg. Kind of have to read your plants and if they are stretching more than you want, lower the light a few inches. Leave it there for a few days and see how the plants respond. Still stretching? Lower a little more and so on. You can be around 12” in flowering with that light

4 Likes

@Not2SureYet thank you but yes they have darker pots to go into :wink: i seen it on someones journal and thought ‘genius’ way to see roots without causing damage!

4 Likes

It may have even been your journal iv read that many :joy: @Not2SureYet

2 Likes