Super skunk first time indoors

Did a run-off test on the roots organic soil. 700ppm and ph 6.0. Y’all think that’s too hot for seedlings?

What were your ppms before adding any nutes?

If you are experimenting, I’d check a peat pellet (tried and true) as a comparison.

2 Likes

Yes, that is to high for seedlings. Once you find the correct soil, you don’t need to feed them until the feeder leaves fall off.

4 Likes

I think he’s just checking what the soil is at the start.

3 Likes

You got me curious since I’m using a soil mix. I feel a little sciency today :wink:

2 Likes

It’s already in a peat pellet. Roots have started coming out of the bottom.

1 Like

There are no nutes used. The 700ppm is the run-off of the soil I’m gonna use.

3 Likes

What I mean is testing the r/o from watering a peat pellet as a baseline, since that is an accepted “good environment” for seeds.

1 Like

So where my college educated / retired military / stoner mind was going follows (based on your 1st question)

What is the r/o for a peat pellet.
What is the run-off from my soil mix.
Is the difference drastic enough that I should have an intermediate medium between the two.

1 Like

Good point. I just wanted to find out if roots organic soil was too hot for seedlings. I’m not sure what ppm is considered “too hot”. Been in the roots organic for 24 hrs now and looks to be doing just fine. If i see signs of nute burn, ill transplant quickly.

2 Likes

My soils mix tested at 8.0. What would you add to acidify it more?

2 Likes

Dolimite lime I think is what they suggest. But wait around for a pro’s response. I don’t wanna steer you wrong.

1 Like

I used a couple teaspoons of fresh coffee grounds. Lots of ppl use pH up and pH down. U can order it or Walmart has it for $15

2 Likes

Also bone meal to the soil to lower pH and blood meal to raise it :v:

I may have this backwards. Looking it up

CORRECTION
pH DOWN (MORE ACIDIC)= BLOOD MEAL
pH UP (MORE ALKALINE)= BONE MEAL
Also
BLOOD for nitrogen
BONE for calcium and phosphorus

4 Likes

Absolutely, fresh coffee grounds will do the trick over some time.

PH down = white vinegar
PH up = baking soda

3 Likes

I have both leftover from the soil-mix recipe I followed. There was only a cup or two of each meal, so I will adjust! Thanks

2 Likes

Keep in mind that is a slower way than coffee or vinager

2 Likes

So, turns out the roots organic is too hot for the seedlings. Tips of leaves were yellowing this morning when I checked on her. Busted open two additional peat pellets to diy my own seedling soil. During transplant, dropped the seedling(still in original peat pellet with roots exposed) from a 3 1/2 foot height. Figures, my ass clumsy asf! Didnt damage seedling or roots but hoping all will go well.

3 Likes

I’ve dropped mine many times :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Can you post a pic on my thread?

1 Like