Super skunk first time indoors

I’m in the same situation this week that I was in 2 weeks ago with my bag seed strain! Indy is on the verge of harvest and storms rolling in causing bud rot and mold. Been raining since Thursday and gonna continue till Wed! Already lost 10% to rot and mold yesterday and today. Just can’t catch a break! Can’t wait to get the things I need to flower in my tent, so sick of losing product after I’ve put in SO much work! Just once this year, I’d love to get a perfect harvest! If I see one more issue with rot or mold, indy’s getting the chop the very next morning! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yea that sux seems to be a issue this year for everyone except a few south west guys didnt get hit to bad but Co east had killer humidity this year

1 Like

That bites, @Drillbit. If I were in your shoes, and had any hair left, I’m sure I’d be pulling it all out now. I hope you’re able to salvage most of her!!

1 Like

Oh I will get most of her. I’m not gonna lose over 15%. I refuse to! Lol

1 Like

Learned a new tip for us growers to use btw! When you see the first pistil turn gold/brown/orange/red/tan…whatever, you generally have 21 days to harvest. It has to turn naturally though. Not turned from unnatural ways; i.e. wind, to much heat, damage from being rubbed up against, rough handling, etc…
Thought it was a tip worth sharing anyway. Its a useful one for me when it comes to new/unknown strains cause it gives me a general idea when to start flushing soon, trimming fan leaves, prepping, splitting the stem, bloom boosters, stuff like that. Anywho, Thanks for stopping by ladies and gents! Grow on my green thumbed ILGM family!

8 Likes

Another cool tip i learned is if your using two separate lights for veg and flower, use your veg light for the first 2 weeks of flowering. This minimises verticle stretch and gives you tighter internodal spacing. Which translates to tighter, bigger colas. :+1:

2 Likes

:+1: Interesting. I had no idea about this. From here on out, I hope to be using the same lights, unless I get some 4000k blues or something, for veg, or something red (2700k-3000k) for flower. But it’s good to know before my next grow which will be Maui Wowie, and rather different (much taller and stretchier) than the White Widows I’ve been growing this summer.

2 Likes

Can you provide a link or a source? I mean, that would answer a lot of questions about flushing, stem splitting, etc. But 3 weeks out? It’d be cool if it was at least moderately reliable. My short ones pistils started turning 4 days ago, so If she’s ready on the 12th of October we’ll know.

2 Likes

That might be a “rule of thumb” that rings truthy, but it generally comes down to the trichome clear/cloudy/amber ratio. 0/40/60 is a reasonable target.

1 Like

Gotcha. But the problem with amber trichomes, is that they show up AT harvest. Like “wow, I should have done ‘x’ a few days ago, damn” :slight_smile:

Being able to reliably predict when you want to start flushing, stem splitting, a dark period or whatever would be cool.

2 Likes

Definitely. Getting your ratio is like leading the target…plus factor in flush time. If you want 0/40/60…you better flush at 15/55/40 <~~ I’m generalizing numbers but you get it lol. I’ve never done stalk splitting, but it’s on my to do list, not next grow but grow after.

1 Like

Right, if you want couch-lock or close. As soon as I see about 10-15% amber, she’s hanging. so that timing thing is more pertinent for me I guess.

2 Likes

Exactly. Point is, you base it on trichome amber, not pistols. I’m with ya bro lol. We’re on the same stem.

Here’s the link to the vid @Whodat66. Skip to 4:30, if you don’t wanna watch the whole thing. I love this guys vids!
- YouTube

3 Likes

I really like his videos. I wish he would start making them again. @Drillbit

3 Likes

That is what I was talking about. Timing stuff! It would be good to see what his 'last 21 day schedule is based on that.

1 Like

Me too @DoobieNoobie! Wonder what happened. Would love to see some new ones!

1 Like

How do I create a link from this grow journal to my new one? Anyone know how?

Nm figured it out.

1 Like