Super skunk first time indoors

That’s what I was going to say is with your lighting the co2 is fine and they probably aren’t even using what’s naturally in the air. Once you gI’ve them more light than they can use thats when adding co2 to help aid in photosynthesis becomes benefical. Or that’s how my understanding of how it works. Ive always read alot of plants or lots of light should supplement co2 but if not in that catigory I wouldn’t waste my time or money

3 Likes

You think a 315w CMH is a big enough upgrade to start using an extra co2 kick?

Probably not I would be thinking around 3 or 4 times that to require or justify. I’m not sure I know cb uses that light but I don’t think he supplements and gets great results let’s tag him and ask what he thinks as I have never used or seen one of those lights in use
@Countryboyjvd1971 what is your take on when extra co2 is needed

1 Like

In what size space?

1 Like

32x32x63 grow tent with one plant @dbrn32. I think that calculates into 14 square feet.

Calculating sq footage for light purposes you only use floor space. 32” is 2.667 feet so like 7 square feet or .65 square meter.

Do you see a ppf for the cmh you’re looking at?

1 Like

Yes, here’s the info for the 3100k bulb @dbrn32.
High 1.95 PPF per second light source
3100k color temperature, High 92cri, 33,000 initial lumens (105Lm/W)
High 90% lumen maintenance at 8,000 hr / High 85%
Expected Life Span (hr): 20,000

1 Like

Might as well give you the specs for the fixture and ballist while I’m at it so you can give me your honest opinion for the square footage I have. Those specs are;
315W Enclosed reflector with Adjustable angle
Size:18" Long x 9.5" Wide x 10" High
16AWG/3C SJTW 240V 6-15P Plug cord, L=16FT
PGZX18 lamp holder,4KV
A blinding intensity that’s clearly visible with the naked eye
Ideal as both supplementary and standalone lighting
Highly efficient - puts out 1.9 micromole per watt of electricity
Extremely high PAR levels

315W Mini Digital Ballast

Case size: 7.6’’ (L) 5.10’’ (W) 2.63’'(H)
Input: 120~240V or 240V / 50~60Hz,
High Power Factor of 95.0%
THD<15%
Crest Factor<1.7
UL/CUL, CE Listed

They also have a 4200k bulb option but I’ve been told the 3100k will do better during veg and flowering.

1 Like

Seems you were right @Humanclone! I appreciate your advice! Here she is 2 days after switching to 16/8.

2 Likes

http://boards.cannabis.com/threads/co2-enrichment-guide.183121/
There’s really good and abundant info on this if you feel like reading :eyes:
Hope it helps you :v:

1 Like

Thanks Red! Im doing that right now.

1 Like

I still haven’t figured out how to share articles like that. Only thing im able to share is pics and links. How do you share those articles and split topics?

1 Like

That was a good read @Redeyedranger! Thanks again!

1 Like

It did it for me. I probably did it the long way but I emailed the article to myself then copied the link from there and posted to you. Then it automatically did what it did…

1 Like

:+1: should get some massive growth over the next few weeks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m going to assume that doesn’t account for ballast losses.

So… 1.95 x 315=614.25

614 ppf then put that over your space to get ppfd.

I appreciate your input and the knowledge you have but im not sure what you are trying to say. Sorry. Im not a tech guy. My question was; Is a 315w CMH light a big enough upgrade to require a co2 boost? Im not sure what you mean by “putting 614ppf over my space”??? You mean divide that number by my square footage? How will this tell me if I need a co2 boost? I’m confused. Sorry.

I think he’s talking math - meaning you place one number over the other and divide or something

1 Like

Exactly like @Whodat66 says. So a ppf of 614 umols per second in .65 m2 space 614/.65 to get ppfd. Like 944 umols/s/m2.

3 Likes

Oh I see. So I’m 66 umols before I need the co2.