Super skunk first time indoors

It’s an organic line called nectar for the gods.

2 Likes

she could be a tad root bound and that MIGHT cause that lighter area but I agree, start nutes slowly, repot and get er done she looks sturdy and healthy @Drillbit

2 Likes

Found some mykos locally, gonna transplant tomorrow night. Thanks for the advice gentlemen! :+1:

2 Likes

She looks great and is going to love having a bit more room in her new pot! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

The recommendations that came with my nutes suggest a soil that has a ph of 6.3-6.8 and a ppm of 300-500. Did a slurry test on the roots organic and the ph was 6.4 and 1100ppm. So I believe
I’m gonna use this other organic potting mix I found that slurry tests at 6.3ph and 300ppm. They suggest, if those numbers are low, to do a flush with the Herculean harvest(ppm) and Olympus up(ph) before planting. And since this soil is at the low end of the suggested range, I’m gonna do this flush. The new soil I’m gonna use is called “Just Natural Organic” potting mix by Old Castle. Thought I’d let everyone know since i had planned to use the roots organic.

One thing that sold me on the fox farms ocean forest was that it advertised an acceptable starting pH. I figure that using soil and nutrients designed by the same company to be compatible makes sense. They hire smart people to figger that stuff out :wink: Does your “nectar” line also sell a potting mix?

3 Likes

If roots organic is mostly coco you would want to shoot for a ph of 5.8 to 6.1
I have personally never used it but if your grow medium is mostly coco that’s the same as passive hydro and should be ph’d as such.

2 Likes

I think so. I’ll check.

2 Likes

@Sirsmokes that is 100% correct coco is a passive hydro or soiless is other term for it and ph is 5.5-6.5. And 6.5 is high end

1 Like

@BigDaddyCain, what is the ideal results you want to see when testing run-off? Also, do you test run-off both for feedings and waterings? What do you look for in the results you test?

Your looking for ph at the root zone which you want to be as close to your scale weather its hydro or soil and you get your tds reading. I’m not sure on this but I think it’s to monitor build up bdc can probably answer that for you

1 Like

and @Drillbit, also, I think if you monitor what is going in and compare it to what is coming out it can help you spot problems, dial in the proper “in” pH, and you could probably tell what nutes it is using and not using if you had a dual-column gas chromatograph, Hewlett-Packard model 5710a with flame analyzing detectors. LOL

2 Likes

One day my friend!! One day… Lol
When I do get one, I’ll be able to store it in the back room of my private jet! :joy:

2 Likes

It’s from My Cousin Vinny
“does that thing come turbo-charged?”
“Only on the floor model” :wink:

2 Likes

LOVE that movie!!

1 Like

Put Indy in a new pot 2 days ago, topped her and fed her. She’s doing well but has paused a bit to stretch out her feet in the new space I believe. Gonna share some pics this week. Don’t want to share pics every day because it’s harder to see how fast she’s growing if you see her everyday.

4 Likes

I do weekly updates :grin: works for me.

3 Likes

I don’t blame you I post probably monthly pics

3 Likes

Take pics a day after every feed usually see the most growth after feeding and lights out

1 Like

That’s definatly true the last 4 to 5 weeks of flower…amazing process

2 Likes