Super silver haze went limp overnight

Question from a fellow grower:

24 days into flowering, my hydro grown Super silver haze went limp overnight. What happened?

Claire- enclosed are two pictures of the troubled plant at issue and answers to your questions.

1. The strain is super silver haze
  2. Hydroponic
  3. DWC
  4. PH is 6.2
  5. Nutrient -General hydroponics: Gro 1 tsp/gal, Micro 2 tsp/gal, bloom 3 tsp/ gal
  6. Indoor
  7. 400 W HPS on 12/12
  8. temp is 62 degrees night , 62 -66 day
  9. Don’t know humidity
  10. Ventilation-the plant is in an open room 30’ x 40’ x 11’ high
  11. No humidifier, dehumidifier or AC
  12. No Co2

Right next to this plant are two gold leaf
plants of the same age, flowering at the same time, and they are
perfectly healthy. They are 25 days into flowering. I have been growing
with this method for at least three or four years and never had this
happen before.

… have you checked your air flow ?

@ClaireILGM,
Welcome to ILGM

Your Answer:
Very bad root rot can cause this. If you are able to look at the roots, then you can see if they are white or brown. If they are brown then it is root rot. But if the roots look white or slimy then you have either Fusarium disease which in most cases is like a blood clot that forms at the base of the plant & does not allow it to drink or you have Pithium which is also a root bound disease that looks like slimy boogers on the root system that does not allow the plant to drink. Both of these diseases will also cause the plant to wilt during the day (or when the light is on) but at night (or when the light is off) the plants will stand back up. Both Fusarium & Pithium are known for destroying entire crops in 1 or 2 days. Root rot is easy to fix with 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide at 1 oz per gallon ran through the root system as a flush. Fusarium & Pithium you can try hydrogen peroxide but you will more than likely lose everything that gets it. The best thing to do for Fusarium & Pithium is not to get it with preventive measures like not taking air in from outside for your garden & always making sure keep your garden sterile (do not come home & go into your garden without showering & changing). You can start off with root rot & get Fusarium & Pithium.
I hope this helps

Will.

I hate to say it, but you’ve got tons of wilt happening, and from my experience, your plant is done, it won’t come back to life from this, sorry.

The same thing happened to me before, and it ended up being from stem rot, which goes hand in hand with root rot, they show the same characteristics.

Sorry dude, but there’s really nothing you can do to save her. Not from my experience at least, I tried just about everything.
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

I had a problem that looked like that on my first grow. After i added nutes not diluted and added them through my hydroton rocks in my dwc. Mine also went dry and leaves brown. Was told to chuck it.
But it was my first grow and i just couldnt. Well from there on i only gave quarter nutes and then half in flower. I was amazed at how well they came back and i ended up with nearly 2 ounces off 2 plants. Not bad considerind i fried em.
Anyway i dont believe this is your problem just thought id tell my story. If you already have grow experience i cant see you making my mistake. I know i never will again.