Super Silver Haze in Grow Box!

Flower Day 6 (2/24)
I was hoping to veg a little longer but she started getting big even vegging! Switched to flowering nutes and 12/12. Are shooting up like rockets, have gained 6 inches in the last 6 days. Can’t believe they are doing that good. Omitted Big Up (0-33-23) on first flower nutes (oversight) but am going to add to next feeding and then another week later. Instructions say to use in the last three weeks but Latewood talked about it on a previous grow. Makes sense to use it earlier rather than later in flowering. Need more roots at beginning flowering, not late.

My nutes are really designed for DWC, so I still have to check the pH as they generally come out in the 6.1 - 6.2 range and that is a little low for soil. Am adjusting them to 6.4 and they seem to be doing great. No signs of stress at all. Not a big thing to check the pH even though it says you do not need to. My PPM on last feeding was 875. Working it up slowly and am going to make it 1,000 next feeding (Three days). Have been giving them a lot of water every day and they seem to love it. I am allowing them to drain off the excess with a drip pan under both all the time. Trying to get 20% return on every feeding/watering.

I am anticipating a much easier time on harvest as I do not believe that I will have to flush if I keep going like this when watering. Will just give pH water at the two ending weeks and then turn out the lights. I am going to start cutting down the light the last two weeks also by adding time to the night cycle. Should harden the buds and finish it faster if I get everyone right. Am still going to give 72 hours of complete dark at the end with just a touch of water at the start of darkness. Later all. Jerry

2 Likes

Hello fellow TXan.

1 Like

Hey, You new to growing or just to ILGM? Haven’t seen your name before.

Flower Day 7 (mistake on last entry)
02/26/16
Both ladies doing well. I call the Indica a lady as it has not shown any pollen sacks yet. Hope it doesn’t, it is doing well. Even if it is male, I may separate it and keep it anyway as a breeding plant. It was a great pound of weed that the seed came from, some very strong smoke. May use it to temper the size of the SSH. Gonna get some colloidal silver and freeze the pollen for a later grow when I have more space to let them grow. IF both plants turn out to be female, I will have eight colas between the two and they are growing fast

I watered and fed on the24th but forgot to put in the Big Up (Humboldt) that is to increase flowering. Going to add it next feeding and once more a week after. Going to go to my nute manufacturer and look for another additive to increase colas. Will water only today and add in three - four days at next feeding. Meantime, gonna keep hoping that all continues well. Jerry

1 Like

I’m new to both. I’m also inTX

Feel free to email me at anytime also

1 Like

@garrigan62 02/26/16
Well, I did the same thing you did, cut off one side of my mainline. Was trying to bend the stem to have it get more light and it just snapped off clean! Didn’t think I put that much pressure on it. Wanted to tape it back on but it was completely snapped off, nothing holding it. Lost a stalk that was long and had a nice bud started. Placed it in some starter soil (organic ) and put it under a large pickle jar using it as a humidity dome. Hope it makes it. Live and learn. lol I did get both spread out really well and if I don’t mess up any more, there will be 7 nice cola’s, 4 indica and three SSH. I used a set of Christmas ornament hangars and hung some different sized steel washers from it. Is holding them down nicely. The plants look nice and I should have a good area to grow in. They are really getting nice thick main stalks and the branches are hard to control. The adventure continues !

Flower Day 12 (03/02/16)
Sadly, this may be my last post for a while. I am being admitted for an open biopsy of the mass that is growing around my trachea (windpipe) and was told it was a risky procedure. Not looking forward to it but I really have no choice now, it is hard to breathe just getting up to go to the bathroom. I am having a friend come over every other day and check on things for me. Those of you that know me, know that I have all bad luck as far as getting a grow to finish. Seems like it is holding true again.

My ladies are kicking butt now. 7 colas on the two plants, four on the Indica bag seed and three on the SSH. The smell is unbelievable already ! The flowers are not that big yet but are showing potential. My bag seed is really bushing out and taking a lot of room in my grow box. I trimmed the SSH down to only the flowers so hopefully it will keep going up and not so much out! Am hoping that if everything goes well, I will be out of the Hospital in 3-4 days. My doc said plan on at least 3 days in. That is a long time in the hospital now days. Will get some pics as soon as I can.

@Trench Will try to get a mail to you soon. Want to find out what part of the Lone Star State you are in. Ya’ll take care. Jerry

2 Likes

Take care TX… Hope everything goes well.

I’m in Fort Worth

Good Luck…