Super Silver Haze in a 2x2x5 tent?

Just wondering If anyone here has been able to tame this mighty sativa into a small 2x2x5 foot tent. Can it be kept this small? I want to try this at least once in my 2x2 tent. I’m pretty sure I can veg it long enough to train it to completely fill out my 2x2 foot print but it’s the height that has me worried, I only have 5 foot tent but realistically I have 4 foot to work with max. How much height can one expect get after the flip when she begins her stretch and flower?

1 Like

It’s going to double in size an minimum. Keep your lights close to minimize node spacing, top it and LST is what I do to keep ‘em shorter. I’ve only got 5.5’

4 Likes

If it’s a photo could mainline/manifold it. My first grow was in a 2x2x5 and still had a good size plant.

1 Like

Absolutely, can be done. @beardless has a good diagram drawn out for a quad line technique.

Here’s a plant trained using a similar method. I top at node 4 and remove node 1. I only let the shoots from nodes 2 and 3 grow out, giving me an “X” (four tops). Then, I top those one more time giving me the nice halo of 8 colas you see. Those center tops were extras I kept, but aren’t necessary.

They’re a minimal investment, but T5 lights in seedling and veg may help keep your plant more compact (they’re also cheaper than LEDs). Full spectrum lights have a lot of red/orange/yellow in them (3000-5000K), which causes stretching in plants at any hanging height. Blue light (not blue LEDs, but blue as in 6500K bulbs) promote cellular stunting, resulting in more compact nodes. I train my plants low and wide under those before letting them have any vertical height at all.

Within my YT discord chat, an extremely skilled veteran grower flowered a 12-top super silver haze in a solo cup.

5 Likes

I’ve got 2 SSH, with a Maui Wowie in a 3x3.5 closet. All photos. 12/12 run. One SSH is topped, one isn’t. MW (middle) is in coco, SSH’s in soil

Edit/add… There were also two really big autos with them until two weeks ago.

Very nice! This gives me hope.

1 Like

Beardless showed me how to quadline and I think if I do a ssh run I will definitely be doing a quadline on it. I like the idea of having more time in veg to train the structure to prepare for a more controlled grow.

1 Like

Is SSH a heavy feeder?

1 Like

Consider 12” for the light and 10-12” for the pot :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Expect a plant 20”-30” on a quad unless their stunted :love_you_gesture:

This is an auto

4 Likes

With that being an auto, and a very nice one at that, will that still be the height estimate for a super silver haze photo?

1 Like

Hard to say, the SLH are known for being tall and leggy. I’m stressing on an auto topped at the 4 and left the 3rd plus a single #2 that was fairly sizable. Light is maxed out and this auto is 50/50 Hybrid

5 Likes

I grow flat plants all the time. Just keep training them horizontally.

Also…If photos, flip earlier than normal. If autos, drop your light lower

I live in Flatsville…

7 Likes

Gorgeous girls friend!!

1 Like

I have to live in flatsville too. Here’s my sour stomper. Beautiful plants too btw!

4 Likes

That one is a beast man!

1 Like

Appreciate it Growmie, Tallest auto I’ve had :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Same size tent, decent full spectrum light! Beautiful girl just sweet talk that bitch and feed her well. She’ll bloom. First grow for me supposedly I pick the hardest strain. Was a bitch at first but lol at her spread those legs. Smells delicious. Ok sorry for being a creep. You’ll be fine I just did dwc 5 gallon 1 at a time I couldn’t do two. She grows wide.

2 Likes