Super Frustrated

One of the leaves on one of my girls has a weird yellow stripe. Otherwise it appears to be fine. First outdoor grow. Soil is a mix of FFOF & FFHF. These are sativa seeds. Two auto and one photo (I think). We’ve had afternoon storms for several days so I haven’t had to water in a while. I’m including pics of all three but the one I’m asking about is the one with the freaky yellow strip. TIA. Pics will have to be on the reply. For some reason I can’t upload to original post. The freaky leaf will be the first pic. For some reason I’m having trouble using this forum on my phone. Very frustrating.

1 Like

That looks like pest damage. Google leaf miners then looks under every lead u got

9 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Super Frustrated:

@PurpNGold74 Nailed it! That look exactly like what it is. Thanks! Now I have to Google how to get rid of it. Only one plant has those marks but I’m sure if I don’t do something, others will become victims too. I have neem oil but I’m afraid to use it.

1 Like

Not sure if Neem will help with those particular pests but don’t be afraid of using it. Perfectly safe during veg, just spray in the evening so the sun doesn’t burn the plant.

2 Likes

I always get a little leaf miner damage on my outdoor plants. I keep an eye on it, but it’s never been of major concern.
Granted, that can be different, depending on your location.

1 Like

Maybe Captain Jacks?

3 Likes

If that was my plant, I’d remove and discard the leaves showing miner damage.

1 Like

Good to know! Thank you for the reply!

1 Like

Good call Purp! Captain Jacks (spinosad) or bti should kill leaf miners.

5 Likes

I believe sns209 and azamax takes care of leaf miners also. Not 100% tho i can check bottles if needed. Aza is expensive tho

2 Likes

I’d use neem oil since you are in veg, I hate using spinosad (Capt Jacks) outdoors as spinosad kills bees, we should not kill bees with our hobby.

3 Likes

Indeed. Don’t the lil buggers pollinate everything the land on though?

3 Likes

Yeah, kinda their job other than making honey.

3 Likes

Was not aware. Will try to keep this in mind

3 Likes

Me either!

I found this online:

" Spinosad is highly toxic to bees . However, toxicity is greatly reduced once the product has dried on the foliage, within three hours to one day depending on the product. Therefore, avoid use if bees are active, and if applications are needed, apply in the evening when bees are not active and product has time to dry."

2 Likes