Super cropping ilgm autos?

I am curious if anyone has any experience with supercropping ilgm autos??

2 Likes

I grow autos (first grow) and have been advised by several wise members on this forum that also grow autos that it is not a good idea since they have such a short life span and they might not recover from the stress. I would recommend regular LST training, I did it on one of my plants and it worked fairly well.

Best of luck!!

1 Like

Get a couple of grows under your belt with autos before trying any aggressive training techniques. You can top and fim and supercrop but done too aggressively and the plant will stall out. Yields will suffer.

2 Likes

Why would you assume i dont have grows under my belt? (40+autos grown)I have plenty of grows under my belt. Which is why i am at this point of questioning. I only grow autos, i already LST yada yada, I already stem split all my autos and i have been pushing almost every strain to 14+weeks regardless of listed finish times. I have broken branches that have healed in days, knuckeled and given me flowers that are 2x the size of any colas on the plant. I I am trying to gain info from anyone that has tried it and their experiences. Thanks for the help though. @Myfriendis410 @NavyVet420

4 Likes

Then you know more than most growers doing autos.

Enjoy

7 Likes

I top and supercrop all my autos. You just gotta know when and if healthy enough to take it

3 Likes

I’ve only 2 grows underneath my belt and as you know this one failed miserably but b4 I brought here it was thriving… I personally top on 3-4 node and top again then I have a scrog… my last AH filled out the whole scrog… my 1st grow I topped 3-4 node and again on 5th blueberry and NL… they recovered just fine gave a decent yield and some :fire: :sunglasses::v:t3:

3 Likes

Do you want to hit it pre flower so you get that flower growth spurt? I have been topping successfully. Tried fim on a few but its just not really my thing. (It makes me too f’n nervous lol). Im going to do some serious research on timing and such. I was just looking for a success story before i spent too much time! so, thank you, much abliged.

1 Like

I dont know it all though. Not even close

1 Like

This was one of my blueberry 1st grow!! :grin:

4 Likes

When topping, if it’s got 5-6 nodes by 14 days or so, I’ll top it. When i supercrop, I don’t always bend stem to 90 degrees. A lot of the time, I’ll just squeeze the stem until insides are soft then just let it heal. When seedling has 2-3 sets of leaves, I’ll squeeze the base until soft and that helps harden up the stem. You just gotta be able to read the plant and know if it’s healthy enough to take some abuse

3 Likes

2 Likes

Im getting the picture. Definitely going to do some more research maybe i will implement it at some level during my next grow?? Sweet info

I do know i want better lights!! Lol OnE LoVe
@Myfriendis410

2 Likes

Most of us do haha! I went with DIY strips and love it. Running half the wattage with more than twice the PAR values of the cheap lights I had. Expensive though.

2 Likes

I want to do a 10-15 light vero 29 cob build. I have a 3x8 room built just for my girls(i could push it to 3x10) i just moved my current grow into it about a week ago. Maybe at bonus time this year i can get enough scratch together?? Ahh… the dreams of a stoner!!! Hahah

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 Im sorry the room is 39" x13’ the actual available area is more like 3x9 with a little room to work still. Small lung room around portable a/c takes up 22 inches but gives me a nice table

@Seeddog @HornHead @Myfriendis410 @Sweetsugar just a quick “see if anyone knows” i ordered and received a tall version of a 5 gal cloth pot. Its 10"w x 15" deep. Im a firm believer in a deep tap root theory (shouldn’t everybody be?) Lol my experience is with pots that are in most cases wider then tall or pretty close to the same each way. Ya guys or gals used em or know of anyone here that has? Its not changing alot but 5 more vertical inches??? Im wondering about noticeable changes in sizes of plants or tap root length at the least.

1 Like

I know that’s 5" of head room you lost

3 Likes

I have not used them . Let us know how you like them . I’m interested .

1 Like