Summer grow of 2019

Sweet they have exploded with nrw growth since last pics, awsome buddy

1 Like

Nice grow. Keep it up

2 Likes

@Mrcrabs @spiderjako Thank you!
A few of the smaller ones that were planted outside later on are growing a little faster than the bigger ones that were put outside earlier. I think it’s because the bigger ones are now having to compete with the native soil and the smaller ones are still exploring the soil I added.
This is my first year doing all organic fertilizers.
I don’t remember the exact ratios but I mixed Blood meal, Bone meal, Crab meal, Kelp meal, Muriate of Potash, Azomite, Dolomite, Greensand, Malted Barley, Wormcastings, Epsom salt, and Wood ash. Took the sum of this fertilizer and cut it 50/50 with peat moss, added a little water, and let it cook for over a month. I’ll never switch back from organics because my plants are so much more happy and healthy this year! I’m hoping to see the stretch for flower within the next week.

1 Like

@Mrcrabs I’ve been watching your journal and it seems like your Biochar project is doing pretty good!
Reading your posts about paramagnetic amendments makes me want to add more Azomite to all my plants haha

1 Like

Kool just remember where you planted and use the same spot next year and you will see a big difference, Mother Nature will super charge that soil during winter months.

1 Like

I’ve been debating on whether I want to do that, or dig bigger holes for next year’s plants.
The holes I have them in now range from 5-8 gallons.

1 Like

thanks brother here’s she is right now 100 degrees outside and lovin’ it, hasn’t missed a bit, I’m really sold on biochar, gona gather some chicken bones and try and produce what my buddy calls Tierra prieta, i will tag you just waiting on more organic chicken bones, my buddy used iguana bones mixed with volcanic soil, will tag you for sure, keep’um green

1 Like

That does sound intersting. Thanks man!

1 Like

The newest girls seem to be enjoying life. Gave them a little bit of the compost tea I brewed the other day and sprayed a little diluted fish emulsion on them yesterday. Haven’t given them any other nutes as of yet but I’m loving their color.

Also topped off their cups with wormcastings this morning after taking these pictures.

1 Like

Some nasty stuff but I swear by it!

2 Likes

@Growyourown I have the same product, but yet to use it as a diluted spray…what is your dilution ratio look like? And do you use the spray on your larger ones as well?

1 Like

Id be cautious, mabye worm casting but they really don’t need food till there two round leaves shrivel and die, looking good tho

1 Like

@Mrcrabs It was a very light dose. I only put a few drops in about a half gallon of water because they are still pretty small.
@thedeernad I don’t really have an exact formula I use haha I just use about 25-50% of what the recommended dose is, depending on the size of the plant I’m spraying. These are still small, so I didn’t use much.

Np buddy just didn’t want your babies to get sick, ive done it before and and stunned there growth, i do like using worm castings and cocowater fir seedling, have also grown great wed with AFF, great stuff

1 Like

@Growyourown thanks bud, I’ll give it a shot tomorrow!

1 Like

Well thanks man! These were some seeds I found in a bag of some okay stuff, so I’m not too worried about the outcome since they’re extras anyway haha And I felt a little experimentation was in order and it seems they haven’t skipped a beat yet.
I feel like I should know this, but what is AFF?

1 Like

Right on man! Let me know how it goes.

Alaska fish fertilizer, get your mad scientist on, glad there doin fine, I stunned my going fulll strength

1 Like

I should’ve known that haha
This is the first time I’ve used this brand. I have some Liquid Fish & Kelp by Vine Vitality that I’ve use for a few months now and I love it.

1 Like

I keep that around for compost teas, but I have used it directly into soil also good stuff

1 Like