Suggestions for this plant

went to change my res. & thought I’d show you what I came up with to drain the tanks when the plants get too big

It’s a cheap pump from Harbor Freight for about $4.00 (U.S.) and I got a hose that would fit the one on the tank used a old hose off a washing machine for the out side. Works great and is also handy when flushing between plant cycles.

4 Likes

Wow!

@HappyHydroGrower has you covered, I’m late to the party to many notifications

1 Like

@merlin44 @HappyHydroGrower @pillsbury @PharmerBob @neofirebird

Morning! Update.
Was able to get res changed yesterday. Added calmag, silica, nutes and then pH down.

pH is around 6, was lower but went up but been trying to adjust without overdoing it and ppm around 450.
Took some photos. Wondering if there was some nut burn due to everything that was so off the past few days. Just wanted to get yalls thoughts on the progress. Thanks!

5 Likes

Your plants look really nice.

2 Likes

Thanks! Just want to get ahead of the changes the leaves are showing me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is one of the keys to a really successful grow. Good job!

3 Likes

Why is it going to slow? I even uped the lights to 80%. Just looking at others at this point I feel like I should be further along.

1 Like

You are doing fine, they are a bit slow to start sometimes.

1 Like

Looks good keep an eye on ph to watch it stabilize. Air to new water can cause it to go up over time… it’s and offgasing effect from aerating the tanks

1 Like

If you mixed in the order listed… Move silica to first then Cal mag and nutes. Looks great! :grin:

3 Likes

I will adjust order next round. Is it safe to add pH down daily as needed? I did water changes weekly last grow is that neccesary or what is the right schedule for complete change?

2 Likes

pH adjustment is a thing I do as needed. Which is to say once or twice a day I adjust back into range. Weekly changes or for my single DWC buckets in mid growth I’d redo the buckets and solution 2x a week feeding same week schedule. I had read that if you replace your solution amount via top off daily say, in my case: I’ve got three gallons of solution after using two gallons topping it off I’ll redo the solution to ensure the gals got plenty of nutes. It keeps ppms up and buckets cleaned weekly makes them happy in hydro :grin:

2 Likes

Like @neofirebird said silica first always.

To be honest I would change the reservoir again if it was me and add it in the right order and here is why:
Silica will raise your PH significantly, and if it raised it to 8ph without you correcting it lower before adding your nutrients then that causes drop out.
So you think you are feeding cal mag or nutrients or whatever but your not due to dropout.

3 Likes

How long in between the products? Typically I wait a few minutes.

And to clarify do you add silica and correct the pH prior (with pH lower) to adding calmag and nutrients?

1 Like

You’re stirring it in right or just dumping what you measure into the solution…?
I go with pH it after adding nutes as they drop my pH of solution in mixing.

2 Likes

I measure out product and add to res, mix for a bit then move on to the next product.

Add silica, mix for a min PH down to 6 or roughly something safe like that. Then add nutrients and ph to final PH value.

If you don’t do this it could spike beyond 7.8 and you’ll have knockout.

2 Likes

Ive learned so much on this discussion. Thanks everyone! Will update soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For all the people talking about ph needs to be 5.8, is that really what you want it to be all the time??? Different nutrients get absorbed better at different pH levels, so imo I would let it swing a little bit. If your ppm stays stable and the ph goes up that is a good thing. I start mine at 5.65 and let it swing to 6.5 before adjusting. This chart will show you want is absorbed at each level and this is why I do it this way. Allowing your pH to swing from 5.5 to 6.5 is not a bad thing, Just my 2 cents…

3 Likes

Watching my PH go up & down & all around. I shoot for 5.8 but it goes all around it so the plants are getting exposed to all the nutes on the chart.

1 Like