Suggestions for this plant

@jambi1214 Trust me baby or honey seemed sexist or condescending… Or am I getting old. Yeah blew it, not a brother.
That’s it - Trust me sister!! 🤦:man_shrugging::roll_eyes::smirk::v:

2 Likes

No biggie at all…just here to learn :sunglasses:

So I did notice some amber tric this am on this bud. If I harvest some without flushing would this be making a mistake? Or just let it go with others? At what point are u too late with harvest? Anything to look out for?

2 Likes

Hmm I’m not seeing amber trichomes but amber hairs. However you could harvest some now and wait for the rest. If you take a sample now without flushing you’ll be fine won’t matter much. You’ll know if you wait too long you’ll see amber trichomes all over. I like to have some amber and haven’t then. If some tops seem finished before buds below you can selectively harvest the finished buds, waiting on the rest. Earlier harvest less couch lock, but you want cloudy to amber trichomes not clear to cloudy. :grin::v:

2 Likes

Gotcha. I thought with the scope I was seeing some.not very obvious…just so worried about leaving it too long…

2 Likes

Would there be any way you can post pics of the trics. If so, just make sure you’re not taking pics of the sugar leaves.

Maybe @peachfuzz can share his thought as well on wether or not your buds are close.

3 Likes

@spyonyou @neofirebird @Not2SureYet @peachfuzz @pillsbury @Jaydawg6528

3 Likes

To me this is the hardest part, everyone has a different buzz level & type. Before I started growing my own I didn’t realize what a difference harvest timing made. Yours is to early for me I see alot of clear still. The buzz you would get off this would be ok and not long lasting. If they were almost all cloudy (milky looking has the most THC) the buzz would be more intense & longer lasting. If they were cloudy with 20% or so amber the type of buzz would be more of a head & body high (my preference). If it were mine I’d wait till the amber at least started. And of course only looking at the buds & not the leaves. Take a small bud an dry it, you can nuke it for a few seconds & try it, it will be harsh cuz of not being cured but will give you an idea of the buzz at this level. Its kinda like a chef tasting their sauce while cooking, taste till its just right!

By cloudy I mean milky, white.

5 Likes

Now that I could see better I see how clear they are so I’ll let it go and check. I want the buzz!

3 Likes

turn down your grow light while looking it will look different. Try it & you’ll see what I mean. I usually use my microscope light only while looking @Nicky showed me the difference it made.

4 Likes

Will do tonight! Thanks

3 Likes

Hang in there as Tom Petty once said “the waiting is the hardest part”. :sunglasses::v:

1 Like

My first thought was also like @pillsbury said, I see several clear. I still think your gonna have another week or two at least.

Look and notice how your buds looks now. All the little parts that make up the bud will swell. Almost to the point of enveloping the hairs. The hairs will also take on as squiggly look and look a lot smaller. I think that’s because the bud is swelling around the hairs so to speak.

2 Likes

I still see it pushing pistols…
I would give it more time… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes