Suggestions for this plant

I was planning on using flawless finish from advanced nutrients. Will order this coming week.

2 Likes

Think ofbit this way… you take water with a certain ph and add a bunch of stuff to it. This changes the ph, so you alter the ph by adding more stuff to it. Then the plants are hungry and the transpire which draws the solution into the plant. The plant takes from the solution what it needs not evenly but as required. The plants ( require ) different nutrients at different rates depending on a few factors… stage of growth, environmental factors such as Humidity and temp, as well as the amount of light they recieve.
The process of taking the nutrients ultimately changes the ph as the concentration changes, as well as the proportions of tge nutrients in the solution… therefore, it us highly recommended that a complete res change be done at least once a week, maybe sooner with a smaller res. If you use a large res you will need to be constantly maintaining the ph… in commercial operations this is automated with a sensor and an emitter that chooses the appropriate ph adjuster and drips it into the res. You will be required to emulate that daily, most likely.
On a side note, it becomes clear by reading the chart posted above, that swing in ph is actually a good thing as long as it doesnt last too long at either extreme. The ideal scenario is in the center, yet this is not that easy to maintain.
In addition to the above drivel, there have been a few studies on reflective material done, silver mylar was out performed by a relatively large margine by flat white paint. Mylar is quite flamable and is also conductive.

2 Likes

Good drivel :grin:

2 Likes

So I need some final advice on harvesting. There is one plant that has had it…struggled from the begging first photos so I’m ok with that but I have 2-3 plants look close to harvest with some having close to 75% amber pistils and I can.some cloudiness I’m trichomes but my vision even with the magnifier is awful close. There is another plant, last photo that seems to be behind… With minimal amber coming and looks weeks out. I was considering flushing over the next 7 days concerned I don’t want to wait too long on these but am worried if the other is not ready…some are in same flood tray so can’t seperate…help! :slight_smile:
Thanks
@neofirebird @Not2SureYet @HappyHydroGrower @pillsbury

3 Likes

if you have a plant, or even parts of a plant that are “ahead” of others, there is nothing wrong with just harvesting one plant or even a few branches off of one. i had a bruce banner that totally outgrew my tent due to stretch during flip and underpowered lights. i replaced the lights but the top of the plant was WAY ahead of the bottom and starting to foxtail. i just chopped the top and moved the lights down to finish the bottom.

if you are looking to do a flush before chopping i would say flush it now. you coulld alway switch back to feeding if its still not ready after you chop the early birds. i have done a couple flushes mid grow when i have gotten a little agressive with my feedings and saw some nute burn. i dont see that this would be any different.

just a thought. like to hear what others think

Just a thought

4 Likes

I’d say you still have about 2 weeks. Doesn’t look like she’s done her final swelling.

I would cut off every leaf that protrudes from the stalk. It will not only make harvesting easier but also help get light and air to those lower buds.
You can harvest the tops early when ready and then the rest when ready if you’d like. As far as water goes, you can do like jack said. I would just stay on feed till the last plant is ready.
A lot of talk about hydro not having the harsh taste like soil grows.

I personally don’t see how you can run a flush for any length of time because the PH won’t stay stable enough. It wants to return to neutral (7.0)
Beautiful plants! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I would agree with @HappyHydroGrower One thing I look at is the pistols. Normally when you are really close to harvest. Most of the pistols will go from straight to tight and curly. Along with the orange. That is my first clue to start checking trichomes here.

2 Likes

Did huge trim… probably should have been done a while ago …!

IMG_20210502_110725122|666x500

3 Likes

These that have curly amber look ready. Should those just be removed?

@HappyHydroGrower @pillsbury @neofirebird @JackAndSan @Not2SureYet

2 Likes

Let’s see a full plant shot or at least a wider view, you may still have some fattening up ahead… Overall looks awesome, just can’t tell if buds are done ripening from those closer pics. :grin::v:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Have you had a chance to look at the trics with a scope?
I think I would tend to go with @neofirebird I think they still have some more fattening to do.
Good job on the defol. Looks great!
:v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I was able to see trichomes with scope and they look clear but I worry with my vision I’m not seeing amber changes…think they would be more obvious

3 Likes

You will. Just be sure to focus on the bud itself and not leaves or sugar leaves.

2 Likes

Looks great! :grin::v: But you’ll thank yourself in two weeks or so if you wait. Patiently; it’s really worth it after all these weeks/months you’ve got in - what’s another two weeks?!?
They won’t die on you :joy::rofl::joy: trust me brother, ride it out. :v:

3 Likes

I got this one from Amazon it was like 30 bucks connects to phone tv iPad anything with WiFi it’s 1000 power

2 Likes

3 Likes

I agree with the rest it needs more time. When looking at your buds thru the scope turn off your grow lights & just use the scopes light for seeing the true colors of the trichomes. The last plant I harvested 4 days ago I cut the whole plant (I usually pick ripe buds & wait on the rest to ripen). I was being impatient an figured I’d check each bud & catagorize them as I jar them getting some of each type buzz. And now I can start all over again with another strain.

3 Likes

Shhhh, brother is not a brother, brother is a sista… hehehe :scream::wink::+1:t2::v:

I already made that mistake… lol :joy::rofl::joy::sunglasses:

2 Likes

:joy::rofl:lol good looking out! @spyonyou

@Jaydawg6528 thanks for sharing. I def. need something like that! Nice images.

I’ll do a last res change tomorrow and wait another week before considering flush. Keep y’all posted.

3 Likes