Suggestions for my 2nd grow

Ok so I did tons of reading and research and still managed to have a really slow first grow. So for my 2nd grow I am considering girl scout cookie and california dream. I have a few weeks until my first grow finishes. So for this second grow I would ask for advice from anyone who has grown either or both of these strains specifically. I am also going with fem seeds not autos. So I am wondering what is the major difference between those and basically any advice for newb! Thank you in advance and happy growing.

I haven’t grown GSC or Cali Dream. I have Cali Dream seeds and will probably drop some in March unless I decide I want to go with autos outside for spring/summer. Choices ahead.

A “auto fem” plant will most likely be female and it will automatically begin to flower, typically about 28 days from sprout from many strains, regardless of the light schedule it is on.

A “fem” is most likely going to be a female plant, but it will only begin to flower when it is on an 12/12 on/off light schedule (or shorter day). Many growers will run their “fem” plant on a 18 on / 6 off schedule for 5-7 weeks from when it pokes its head out of the ground. Then, you set the light schedule to 12/12 and it will will transition to flower. Most important, after this point, there cannot be light leaks during the 12 hours of darkness. Essentially, you need to leave the plant totally alone for this time. Light leaks can lead to the plant going to hermaphrodite and seeding.

Good luck!

6 Likes

I have seen great reviews on GSC good medicine plant i have heard.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 has grown GSC

2 Likes

I grew two different plants from ILGM GSC-X. I was not overly impressed with the yield or the effects from the first plant so I grew it again because I really wanted to like it. This one gave me a good yield and the potency is good but still have that jittery head high anxiety feeling from it. Everyone I’ve given a sample to has decided they don’t like it.

That said I just rolled a spliff of it and am going to bake myself on this Sunday. I like it but I see why some folks don’t.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 that’s great. I have had it before a friend introduced me to it. It came from a dispensary and I found it a touch harsh like a lot of store bought, was hoping for some tips on how to make it a little smoother? I was planning on the extreme as well.

2 Likes

If you follow good grow practices with proper soil and nutes you should grow a nice plant. How well the cannabis smokes is going to be up to you and how you handle the end game. Mine is smooth, mellow, with a hint of mint and chocolate. It’s a tasty smoke.

3 Likes

Hey @Smallfriend. i am just starting my first grow so can’t help with that part, but one of the guys i get mine from does the girl scout cookies and it is one of my favorites. just tonight i added the mixed group “baked sweets” to my wishlist because of gsc being on it. i am smoking candy kush right this second, and the cherry pie is fantastic too as i’ve smoked that recently. I wanted to get a mixed pack in to have a variety of seeds and this one looks easy enough with good enough volume to be worth it. only the one seed has possible herme issue but otherwise easy to grow it seems.

2 Likes

@monkman how do you like the candy kush? Im considering it for my first grow in a couple weeks. And ive never heard anything bad about GSC. Smoked it but never grew it yet.

2 Likes

Hey @StephenBro i just got the bag yesterday, smoked 4 or 5 out of it. i love it. right now i’m listening to commander cody we got a live one here on spotify and grooving to the tunes trying to keep my hands off my germinating plants under the dome lol

2 Likes

@StephenBro girl scout cookie, sweet cherry pie, and now this candy kush are all in the sweet pack and i’m for sure going to get that next. every one of those has been great as i’ve tried them all the last 3 or 4 months

3 Likes

What are “nutes”?

Nutrients. There are quite a few threads about them. Not sure how much you know and I am far from experienced I just started myself.