Suggestions for indoor grow please

I haven’t topped or FIM, but you want to cut just the leaves, not quite a topping. Per instructions I’ve read.
I guess I should try it some time soon. Tomorrow I’ll experiment on one. I’ll be flipping this weekend so we’ll see how it turns out.

1 Like

My preference is big and bushy but I started late outdoors. I want to max this harvest. I’m used to big plants outdoors. This is new with small plants.

To do FIM’s, you need to use say Silica so the branches will strengthen up. When I did with with my Peach Puree CBD, the colas was so heavy they started to tear apart the branches.

Its not hard to do a FIM.

1 Like

looking at the quantum 260 DIY kits. How difficult / what is involved with the DIY? @MrPeat @dbrn32

1 Like

@bazoo I didn’t do DIY so @dbrn32 can answer thise questions.

In my 4x4 I use 2 HLG 260xl rspec. I put mine together and it was easy. Just don’t do it high.

For a 2x4 you would use a HLG 260.

1 Like

lol, I just watched a couple videos, looks super simple. @MrPeat

2 Likes

most of the videos are to the point. You need a screwdriver and wire strippers, not bad at all.

1 Like

@dbrn32 yep, looks like an easy do. What would you suggest for me start to finish in a 4x4? two of the 260 rspec like @MrPeat? I’m just curious what might compare. I definitely want to go LED. If I need a heater, I will figure something out.

1 Like

There a nice sale going on that a 5x5 gorrila grow tent and HLG 600 v2 rpec for 1049.00

3 Likes

where is that @SmallTree

1 Like

I’m not sure if we are allowed to post links but Google
Led grow lights depot they have a 4x4 and 5x5 tent sale going on, there a 22 dollar difference in the tent size comboa so seems price wise smarter to pick the 5x5 plus u never know what ur hobby might turn into. :green_heart:

2 Likes

found it! thank you much for that. Let’s see what @dbrn32 thinks about the HLG 600v2 rspec. that seems like an attractive deal

2 Likes

I’m am bigger fan of two 260 xl kits in a 4x4 than hlg-600. The larger heatsinks provide a little more even coverage. If you look around online you can usually find 10% off coupon code for hlg stuff too. That considered, im not sure how good of deal any of the packages are.

1 Like

budget aside. If I was to go with the 5x5 would you still suggest the 260’s? @dbrn.
I’m thinking that choosing the light / lights first and building from there is a good approach? Looks like there isn’t much difference in cost between 4x4 and 5x5.

1 Like

Three 260 xl’s for 5x5.

Not huge difference in tent cost, but you need larger equipment for larger space.

1 Like

@dbrn32 @MrPeat
OK, I just pulled the trigger on 2 260xl’s with a 10% discount code. Lights are done. Do I need anything else (small parts, etc.) for lighting?
looks like I am on to which 4x4 tent and ventilation. suggestions please

2 Likes

@bazoo I would get some more Wage connectors and 14 to 16 gauge Solid Core wire. This will allow you to put the drivers on the outside of the tent. :+1::+1::+1:

Probably need a 6” AC Infinity fan.

1 Like

I run my drivers light mounted and still can’t get up to desired canopy temps. I think I would just assemble the kit as it comes and see. You can always remote drivers later if need be.

I use ac infinity cloudline s6 fan.

1 Like

I have an obstacle. My floor joists are at 78" there are a couple tents that are exactly 78". I would rather not try to jam something up against the joists. I need suggestions for a shorter 4x4 tent. Does anyone have experience with the gorilla shorty line. How is the height restriction going to effect the grow?

Vivosun makes a 4x4x72