Suggestions for a complete tent kit

I’m getting ready for my first grow and at the moment I don’t have the money to put things together from scratch so I’ve been looking at kits.

I want to do 1-3 plants but being new to all this I don’t really know exactly what to look for in an indoor kit.

Any suggestions (with links) would help me out alot, thank you in advance.

2 Likes

All in one kits are nice. But the lighting will ALWAYS leave something lacking.

How about this. Give me a range, and ill see what we can piece together to get you startd.

10 Likes

That would be awesome, thank you.

At the moment I can do anywhere in the $300-$400 range.

Awesome sauce!

1-3 plants. With im going to aim for a 3 x 3 footprint…

Tent - $95
VIVOSUN 36"x36"x72" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 3’x3’ Amazon.com

Fan - $105 (can probably beat this, lemme keep looking)

VIVOSUN 4 Inch 190 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller, 4 Inch Carbon Filter and 8 Feet of Ducting for Grow Tent Ventilation Amazon.com

Light - $149 (can probably beat this price, but most important aspect imo)
HLG 100 V2 4000K Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED Grow Light Veg & Bloom | Version 2 High-Efficiency Upgraded Samsung LM301B LED’s https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C57J7XX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_RK6TTVSVW3TWW3E9A914

Throw in an pH pen - $50 (save urself some headaches)
Apera Instruments AI209 Value Series PH20 Waterproof pH Tester Kit, ±0.1 pH Accuracy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ENFOHN8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_BTXDC00B31R385MND71C

And ur knocking on $400 on the money. You can save a few coins going directly to the manufacturer or sourcing parts and putting it together urself. Also switching brands can save a few bucks (tent and fan)

2 Likes

Excellent thank you!! As far as seeds go im gonna get them here and I’m gonna get the potforpot kit both for convenience and for the seed coupon.

For my first go around I’m just gonna grow 1 autoflower plant then move up to 2 more next time.

2 Likes

Definitely a better plan. Start with one and get her to harvest.

I have no experience with the pot for pot, but ive seen some nice plants with it.

ILGM genetics are something special tho. Good choice there.

1 Like

Yea I really want to try Purple Haze but they don’t have any autos so im going with Zkittlez first, then some LSD, GD Purple and Northern Lights.

1 Like

I’ve successfully grown two plants and they were with A Pot for Pot. I think it’s a great and simple way to get started, yet I plan on using them going forward. I love the great soil, simplicity, and customer service that has answered my many questions.

3 Likes

Are u just sold on autos? Im more of a photo period man myself. Only big diff is u have to set the clock to 12-12 urself on photoperiods. But they are clonable if you find something you enjoy.

Purple haze is a fan favorite around here.

GDP is the Purp in my name. Top 3 strain for me (with deisels and a gelato cross i grew recently)

NL is AMAZING! Super medical imo. One of the base grails.

Never had LSD but im not a big fan on too heady weed.

Nice choices all around

1 Like

I’m new to the forum and not sure how much information I can post about a particular vendor, so I’ll just leave them unnamed for now. I recently purchased a complete kit online from the vendor’s website. What I received was a kit that included everything completely different from what I spent almost $700 for. The tent was a different brand, and had a 3” cut/tear in the center of the front door. The light, fans, soil, and hygrometer were all different and inferior to what was advertised. Some smaller accessories were not included at all. After multiple emails I was finally contacted by their customer service. I sent pictures, and made them an offer of a $100 refund to forget it and I would live with what I had. They countered with $45. I refused and told them to replace the tent and soil. They sent the soil, and the tent they sent was yet another different brand than what they advertised. It had no cuts or tears, but the canvas was 3X thinner than the first tent they sent. It was literally as thin as newspaper. I returned this tent, told them to f*** off, patched the first tent, and learned a pretty expensive lesson. The best I can figure, I overpaid by about $300. I was definitely a victim of bait and switch, but it was my own fault. I just wish I would have found this forum before I made that purchase.

What was your yield like?

The reason im going with autos is I just don’t know that much about growing to do any fems yet, and from what I’ve read autos seem to be easier on beginners.

They always grew more finicky to me. Funiier eaters and no window for fixing rookie mistakes. No idea why autos are billd as beginner friendly when its just the lack of time changing.

No problem tho. Just asking.

4 Likes

Damn man I’m sorry to hear that, that’s why I posted this thread, because I know shit like that can and does happen.

I hope everything works out for you despite the shitstorm you just went through though.

Yea I was told that with autos you can do a 18/6 light cycle and that seems pretty easy .

Well the reason im going with them is twofold really the first is the light thing and the second is frommwhat I’ve read the harvest time is shorter then with fems.

1 Like

Thanks man, gonna wait on our legal date of July 1 to start.

They force flower earlier then most flip. Only reason they maybe quicker to flower tbh.

But like I said. Learn however u please. Ur money. Im just here to help u maximize those efforts bro :facepunch:t5:

2 Likes

Oh trust me once I get things going im getting some Purple Haze and growing it by that time I hopefully would have enough expirience to try a longer grow time.

3 Likes

On both plants, autoflowers, I did mixed, inferior lighting - some sun (mostly through the window) and a cheap, small light. Only when I was well into flowering on my second plant, did I get a light that would be considered mostly decent. So, that being said, expectedly I had what is considered lower yields, which is totally on me and my cheap arse lighting. The product is potent, though, and does the job quite nicely. :smiley: :relaxed:

I expect higher yields going forward since I’ll be using only one light source and one that’s better.

When others on here say to get good lighting, then listen! Many recommend HLG, and yet others have done well with some of the better brands on Amazon and such. Search and poke around on this forum for many lighting topics. I see that the HLG 100 was recommended above, and I’ve seen many others love HLG’s 135 that is about $50 more. Others have searched on google for an HLG discount code.

The problem we see with new growers and autos is that being a new grower, you’ll get the plants off to a bad start with over-watering or feeding too much or too little, have ph issues, and other newbie mistakes and then you end up with a 3 inch tall stunted plant after 5 weeks that is now going into flowering and probably won’t even yield a 1/4 oz when done. We see it all the time here. With a photo fem, you get to decide when it flowers - when it’s nice and healthy and past the beginner problems.

2 Likes