Suggestions for a better grow

Good days guys and gals, So my plants have begun to flower and I made a few adjustments to my setup. I transplanted them to bigger pots and revamped my lighting. I have 2 important questions. #1 is my area too small for 3 plants, #2 Should I get more or better lights at this stage?

3 Likes

Yes your space is limited, but if it’s all you have I would say work with it.
However the lighting leaves a lot more to be desired.
Do you have a budget in mind?
A set of quantum boards would work best, but I don’t know what your budget is. Horticulture lighting group makes them. @SupaColdNinja

7 Likes

I don’t feel like 3 plants is an issue. But you’ll need more light for sure.

7 Likes

Thanks for the advice, i am on a tight budget but i will try to save up and get that light. I looked it up and looks like it would be perfect.

4 Likes

They are perfect. That’s why I have 5 lol.

4 Likes

Saving up and getting something worth while is a good idea. New stuff comes out all the time too, sometimes ends up with discounts on previous models.

2 Likes

Training your plants to grow flat so that they utilize the light will also help

2 Likes

Sorry if I didn’t answer one of the questions , as stated above get good lights and as far as number of plants for your space I think it just depends on how big you want your plants to be😉

Light is your main battle, you need at least 50w per square foot. Look at any light you get closely, it will say like (Super Duper 1200w Grow Light) but if you keep reading it pulls 200Watts from wall at the plug. The wattage at the wall or plug is the wattage you need to go by. Looks like your area is about 2x6 or so? that would mean 12 square feet. With 50w per sq foot that means roughly you need something that’s pulling 600 real watts from wall or plug to cover that area. Remember light is your plants food source and if you want tight buds to smoke on instead of wispy wimpy buds upgrade your light as much as you can.

You did a good job with your space you might end up only getting 2 in there at once, at flower they will double in size as they bud, you will have to wait and see :wink:

1 Like

@SupaColdNinja

Welcome to ILGM and to our community. Some awesome growers here as I see you have all ready met a few of them already Cool …lol

Couple of things one being, Pot size/ that could be bigger, and two plants would be better than 3. just these two changes would give you more yield and third changing your lights for flower would be a big plus also.
But hey, what you learn here you’ll be able to apply to your next grow.

3 Likes

A 300w LED would be perfect for that space. Also a roll of mylar paper would help making sure the light is reflected everywhere… make sure the LED isn’t from China but a brand well known. I made the mistake early of getting a 600w LED because it was on sale and realize my 300w tha I paid more for did a much better job.

2 Likes

How old are they? Based in how they look and the fact you just transported… expect a huge growth process after seeing little to nothing up top for change for a while as the roots spread below… then its explosion time

1 Like

Great job, they look healthy, I would start some Low Stress Training ASAP to increase growth of vegetative branches to increase the number of tops and yield - more light would help plus Mylar makes a big difference too when you can swing it.

3 Likes

The one in the middle was planted 10/1 and it’s a mystery strain, the left is LSD planted 10/24 and the one on the right is GDP planted 11/2. That’s what I’m hoping for, I’m thinking I need to move one to another closet.

1 Like

I’ve been looking into this but dont know where to start…

I planted the bigger ones in 11/17, and the smaller ones on 11/15, but I wasnt able to transfer them at the same time to 5gal pots. I’m placing them on a 12/12 schedule this Friday. Once they have 4 sets of true leaves in suggest transferring. I notice the big difference in height and width with the 4 that were transferred first.

At about one week after germination…

Taken today during light addition(added my 300w LED next to my 600w LED)

This was a month later, the ones planted 11/17 grew a lot faster so I placed in 5gal pots. Took a while to see change. It’s not even a full month later and you can see how much they’ve grown once their roots stretched in the pic above.

Currently waiting for the last three to catch up, but in doubt they will. So I’ll leave them on the 18/6 veg cycle with some autos I’m waiting for and they’ll bloom together…

Best of growing, and high yield

1 Like

My setup is home made. On my next grow, everything will be more perfected and easier for cleanup

1 Like

So I got a gross star light and in and just a few days it has Already done a lot of good. It is a 1000 W, The plants are really starting to flourish now.

1 Like

As long as it works! @SupaColdNinja

1 Like