Suggestions before flip to flower

I am about flip to 12/12 and start flowering. Any suggestions before I move forward.

3 Likes

From what I see I would say go for it. :blush::v:

2 Likes

Get rid of anything like this. And some of those fan leaves. Just my opinion.

Also I see some canoeing. @PurpNGold74
Do you know why.

3 Likes

Be ready to get those lights up high. Looks like a powerful light, and those will double in height. May be where the canoeing’s coming from already.

2 Likes

I would clean it up a bit. or what @DRsDank said. :point_up_2: I take about the bottom 1/3 of branches and leaves to give more of the upper areas a big boost. (lollipop)

1 Like

I would do some defoliation and clean up the bottom half with lollipopping

1 Like

Yea that was my worry this whole time. Im going to have to move the filter and exhaust outside because i have above the light the exhaust and filter set

1 Like

I’d fill out a support ticket before flipping… you have something going on there. If that’s the actual color of the one on the right it’s having an issue as well… possible nitrogen deficiency but can’t say with out knowing your in and out pH and PPM and all that jazz.
Once fixed get to flipping

2 Likes

I just fed them today and the temperature was higher than usual (90 degrees). I have been battling deficiencies i feel for the last few weeks. PH has been 5.8 -6.4 and ppms have been constant and normal.

I think it was either heat stress or over watering the last week. I am not too worried about it.

Whats the opinion or argument against on flipping at the current state?

When you flip and your grow is not correct you make matters worse. Your chasing your tail with the issues at hand and now you’ve added new issues because your plant starting to flower is needing more P K than nitrogen.
Obviously you’re having height issues but that can be super cropped when your grow is optimal
That’s just my opinion, I’m sure everyone has one.
Happy growing :palm_tree::green_heart:
Your pH is on the low end

1 Like

Ok just wondering if you new what was up.
Sound like you do.
I’ve flipped nowing somthing was wrong corrected in flower and all was good in a week or 2.
If you think you have this go for it.

@IloveInsulin, drill some holes thru the sides of your buckets. 3/8” diameter, one row of them 4” beneath your soil line, and another row halfway between that one and the bottom of the bucket. Also need holes through the bottom of the bucket.

I think the extra air in your root zone will help fix your watering issues. Wait until it’s nice and green again before flipping. You want it to hit flower in full stride.

3 Likes

I have the same concern as @CurrDogg420 expressed. Roots need air and cannabis grown in soil need dry periods. One of many reasons fabric or specialized pots are so popular.

input numbers or runoff?
What medium are you using?

You are right in asking about preparing the plants before initiating flowering. A big part is getting them right before hand because flowering magnifies problems and deficiencies. The other part is dealing with the stretch and rapid period of growth. With regards to the later, thin out and remove excess growth from the center and bottom of the plant. Thinking ahead, if you know you will have a height problem, address it now. Anticipate having to supercrop them. This means making space now for where the tops will be bent. It also means moving the plants will be very much limited. (if you lift and move to water take runoff etc. figure something else out).

2 Likes

@IloveInsulin side note-is there a story behind your profile name?

So i lifted the light to the top today: moved the filter and fan unit outside the tent. Going to watch the canoeing but like i said, i think it was over watering and temp issues the few days before the pics.

I have been feeding the nutrients timely and full strength but i will drill the wholes and hope it works the way you guys suggest. I don’t understand how the deficiencies could still be there since i am give full strength nutrients: i will perfect the ph balance as well and see how next week looks.

@Fieldofdreams i have been a type 1 diabetic since age 9 and I love insulin because i mean, it keeps me from dying hahah

2 Likes