Suggestions appreciated!

Hey guys. I am considering buying a 3x3 vivosun grow tent but I am curious as to how many autoflower plants I can grow in one at a time? I am a first time grower and was planning on trying the girlscout cookies auto flower.

1 Like

Welcome to the community two would work fine you could put more but they will fight for space. And you will end up with the same amount of yield.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m still not decided on lighting I am leaning towards a mars ts 1000 do you have any info or suggestions on lighting?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 would be the guy to help you the most on your choice of Lights. A lot different lights out there many different price ranges some a lot better than others for the same price.

1 Like

Sweet deal thank you for the info!

1 Like

You can tag someone by putting @Newbie90 the @ symbol in front of their name . Hope that helps.

1 Like

Like @kellydans said, you can put more plants in, but you will get the same amount of harvest. I was growing ONE plant per 4x4 screen with a 1000w HPS over each screen. It’s NOT how many plants you have, it’s your area. If you will notice when you buy seeds, they say how much the yield is per square meter. It’s ALL about your light. I’ve never grown auto, so I don’t know how they do. I think 2 would be plenty.
Are you in soil, hydro or what?

Welcome to the community. Hope we can help

3 Likes

Another thing @Newbie90
If I were you, I would determine how much you can spend on a light, then ask @dbrn32 what light you can get for that money. In other words, IMHO, get the best light YOU can afford. Or do like me and wind up upgrading multiple times, and spending a LOT more money, than if I would have bought a good one to start with.

6 Likes

@Newbie90 welcome to the forum. I am new as well and on week 9 since seed. I am doing girl scout cookies extreme auto. These people here are awesome you are in good hands. I would start a journal when you get started. You will get alot of advice on here and you will do great. Just ask before you do if you are not sure.

I’m gunna set to watch. Happy growing!

2 Likes

@Grandaddy013 thank you for the info! I’m going to plant in 3 gallon cloth pots. Planning on using fox farm soil I definitely appreciate the info on light contacts. I would be willing to spend up to 250 but wouldn’t mind

1 Like

@Chong420 awesome glad to have someone in the same boat as me! How do you think you will do as far as yield on the girlscout cookies

@Newbie90. here a pick of mine so far. I got over zealous and planted to many but I have mine in 5 gallon cloth pots.

6 Likes

@Chong420 nice healthy looking plants! How many do you have in there?

My experience with Autos the five gallon fabric pot is a good size, bigger root system bigger plant more yield.

5 Likes

The ts 1000 is a little small for a 3x3. One of the most popular lights for 3x3 right now is qb 260xw from horticulture lighting group.

8 Likes

@Newbie90

5 in there… Way too many! Lol next time I’m gunna try 3. But again I am a newbie. Listen to some of the more experienced. Lol I’ll tag a couple that have been very helpful.

@Myfriendis410 @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @Hogmaster @HornHead @fano_man

2 Likes

@Grandaddy013 said it best. [quote=“Grandaddy013, post:8, topic:35631”]
best light YOU can afford. Or do like me and wind up upgrading multiple times, and spending a LOT more money, than if I would have bought a good one to start with.
[/quote]

And DB knows his stuff. 260 xw… or build. But DIY’n isnt really at the same level of tech as it used to be. It CAN br cost effective tho.

Here n watching. Best of luck

7 Likes

Get a 4x4 if you have the room in the 3x3 I would personally do 1 fem you could do 2 but can run out of room and autos are so different in size I would say 2-3 but could also fill up or it may not light and keeping the temps is what you need to work on first before you go all in because depending on the light it can get hot in the tents and humid

8 Likes

@dbrn32 I tried finding the light you reccomend on amazon with no luck. Could you give me info on where to look and an idea of price?

1 Like

@Newbie90

horticulturelightinggroup

3 Likes