Sudden Necrosis

Guru Gals and Guys – I’ve been a grower for some time and have switched to growin indoors for anonymity. In all the indoor grows I’ve had I’ve always used tap that has sat to de -chlorinate. The ph has always been high (8)…

Recently I’ve had 2 lavender purple kushs in same pot from 12/1… Just suddenly the leaves have (and this is fckn overnite) shown extreme rust and leaf death. They actually dry out overnite, I’ve treated with a cal / mag solution but show no signs of relief.

I have since adjusted my ph and ordered ph down and a test kit… I had ordered from Dtch Seeds (NEVER ORDER FROM THEM) and will never do so again – the genetics of the seeds seem defective… ILGM seeds are too expensive – should be able to order in smaller lots of 3 seeds or more – and the hoops I had to jump thru before wasn’t worth the extreme hassle.

Gals / Guys I need the learned help of you all – sorry I trashed my camera ( I got a flip phone too) (dont laugh) or I would offer photos…

MotaMan

3 Likes

It’s gonna be really hard to properly diagnose without photos, but from what you said, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a ph issue. Also, what is your humidity and high/low temps?

5 Likes

Temps are 70 nite time - 80 daytime - humidity btwn 45 - 55 pct… That’s what I am hoping it is, a simple fix is what I am in need of here… I would hate to have to start over again – …

Thanks again

MotaMan

Do you keep a journal/calendar of your inputs?

1 Like

With the limited info here my best advice would be to give them a good flush with PH’d water and start with 1/2 strength nutes . Hopefully they turn around for you :v:

1 Like

The mix packs are good to get smaller quantities for reasonable prices.

1 Like

Yes a journal is kept up , but only on progress of grow – I do not usually use nutes except in situations as described here, until I flower – feeling the nutes in the soil have been used at this point.
I treat them politely but still treat them as they are - weeds - and have great success. The most prolific weeds in your garden are the ones that you don’t pay attention too - same with pot, a little love goes a long way.

Thanks again ILGM guru’s

MotaMan

I would buy a ph meter and calibration solution not a test kit those are way off and waste of money and time for the little strips of paper for them. Also high ph tapwater has aluminum and fluoride in it to a cheap filter on your sink goes along way and i have the apera ph 60 meter it has it has replaceable probes and saves alot of these types of problems. I bought a test kit and had alot of issues and then got a cheap yellow ph meter it was good for 4 months and then wouldn’t hold it’s calibration and messed up my white widow and critical mass then got the apera and all those problems are gone now. Remember when growing outside you got all the bugs and microbes to change the ph for you once inside we gotta do it. It’s hard to get pots or buckets to be able to get the microbes to take care of the ph inside and usually works best in a raised bed and is a ton of work. Hope this helps you and good luck with your grow

1 Like