Sudden death? What happened?

This is my set up.

1 Like

That is SO helpful. With everyone’s kind tips, I gave 'em some water, moved the filter/fan up top and added some wet towels & a container of water and now it looks like this…

… and my humidity just went up 5 degrees already!

1 Like

Are they good about replacing seeds when it is obviously me who doesn’t know what I am doing yet? I got 10 seeds with the 10 “free” ones so I still have some seeds hiding in my fridge. They are probably trying to escape knowing what I did to their sisters so I better get this figured out! LOL

3 Likes

They were right. That’s some crazy low rh. I’d actually be scared of that in my flowering tent. I can’t imagine how much it would impact seedlings or early veg plants.
Great advice.

5 Likes

Gotcha! Yeaaahhh… Nevada is so dry. Imagine what it is doing to my face.

5 Likes

5 minutes and it’s already up to 60% humidity. :star_struck:

3 Likes

I don’t need to, I saw your avatar!

Dude… you need some lotion.

11 Likes

And a hat

4 Likes

Yeah, I just realized. First he needs skin! Then lotion.

I’m pretty happy that you got good advice and your plants are already turning around.

This site is one of the most drama free Informative forums.

8 Likes

Oh ya, if you haven’t already downloaded the Grow Bible from here. DO! And get your read on.LOL btw your space looks a lot easier to work around in now as well.

2 Likes

I noticed on your RH meter it has your high and low levels. If you look it got down to12% that along with 88 degree high is definitely a problem. If you let it get dry with those conditions it could cause this depending on how long those conditions existed.

Grow hack : 62 cent 2 L of the cheap brand pop. Make sure it doesn’t have a tent (Mt lightening has a green tent bottle) I use that for the seedlings. Makes a dome for your lil ladies. Use a water bottle and spray the inside of the coke bottle. Push into the dirt a little then but dirt around the bottom to seal it. Will increase your humidity inside the dome. I don’t like having high levels of humidity inside the tent alone due to mold/mildew so the dome helps take care of them during the seedling stage. Anyone know of some big domes to purchase? Height is plenty but I feel something with more width would be awesome

4 Likes

Thanks! I rearranged how I secured the filter/fan to the top and now it is more secure than I had it when I took the photo the first time. And I downloaded the grow bible but was overwhelmed by the info. I will read it again, and will probably understand better now that I am actually taking action.

1 Like

Great idea about the dome and spritzing water inside it.

2 Likes

Lots of domes on Amazon they are also called a Cloche

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07Y2RHB5S/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07Y2RHB5S&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyWEdRRlowNlFPVlBHJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzI2ODQ0MjZSUVc3RzFNU1czUiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzI2MjA3MThQWjIxUDlaOExXOSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

2 Likes

Read a section at a time. It can be overwhelming. But read a section, ask ?, read another, rinse and repete. Some of the best info I can give is read,research, question , BEFORE you buy. This alone will save you a ton is wasted money when starting!

3 Likes

Hey @desertpearl,
I went back and reread some of your other posts about your seedlings too. You are definitely dealing with dry climate issues and are getting great advice already.
I want to pass on a tip about prepping soil that I use that may help in the future. Perhaps you already do this but just wanted to pass this on.
Before I put my soil in the fabric pots I place it in a bucket/container and add some clean ph correct water and mix it up thoroughly. I find that out here in summer that the bags of soil dry out and become resistant to absorbing water. In Nevada its gotta be even worse. I have been there several times and it is dry dry dry. Now i am not talking about soaking the soil to saturation…but adding enough water to dampen it so roots dont stop growing for lack of any moisture. How much water depends on how dry your bag is before you start. But for me its usually around 16 oz for a three gallon pot. The soil should not drip any water if a handful is squeezed. We want damp, not soaked. It will also help retain water that you give your plant as it will absorb better. You may need to water a little more often as your plants will transpire more. Getting the humidity up as you are going to do will help.

2 Likes

Once you have your humidity and temps under control, I would start a couple more seeds and see how they thrive. I always use a dome for about the first week while my seeds are popping outta the dirt and then I control the humidity with a humidifier or swamp cooler.

1 Like

@desertpearl, I am tuned to watching also and I am going to tag along. You could also put you filter on the outside of your tent. I can’t draw very well but here is a sketch of my set up

I tried to keep as much as I could outside of my tent but, then again, I also had the room to do so.
Welcome to the forum/community. You will find that there is a tremendous amount of knowledge here and a vast amount of experience, add to that everyone is willing to help. Good luck with your grow and my :crossed_fingers:, that you can save your plants

2 Likes

Fago 3 liter bottles :slight_smile:

2 Likes