Styrofoam insulation just thinking

Styrofoam insulation on the floor of my tent that is in the basement. It’s 66 down there tent I just purchased is holding 75 with 42% humidity thinking of putting a piece of rigid styrofoam inside the tent floor or under the entire tent to insulate the floor of the tent from the cold floor ?
LD

2 Likes

I think that is a good idea. I am trying to come up with something for the indoor winter grow.

1 Like

Under the tent would be ideal yes.

Running autos in winter is nice because you can run the lights 20hr on 4hr off.

Pot risers help to if your trying to get them off the cold floor

1 Like

Good idea, stuff is cheap too.

1 Like

Definitely under the tent. In the tent leaves white balls everywhere :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Styrofoam isn’t much better of an insulator than just air. Risers which help with runoff removal will do the same. Keeping the tent closed and controlling exhaust maintains the rest.

Just one of my two flower tents being on causes the other to rise 5-9°. One you factor in a dehumidifier you quickly realize dispersing heat is more important than holding.

2 Likes

I simply elevated my tent with a piece of plywood and several of these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JJ191Z6/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_8SNPBZKP3FZ4YRT9H64D
Provided insulation from the basement floor for both temperature and just in case my sump pump fails again, flooding.

1 Like

Just retired 4 months ago. It seems like I have more “aha” moments since I retired or enjoying starting taking a couple hits here ,there and everywhere.
A Gearhead a heart who wants to gets this venture going, as to allocate some time to the 04 BoxsterS in the garage that’s screaming for some modifications and my attention. She begging me to hear her purr when redline shifting. She sounds tighter than Steely Dan and drives like a black Négligée.

Time to take a hit or more. Wow !!! another Aha moment…

1 Like