Stunted...Keep going or not?

Another newbie question. Sadly this White Widow Auto was stunted early in life due to my mismanagement of light and water. With help from this forum I kept her alive but this is where she is at start of Week 7. She looks strong and healthy but clearly diminutive. Is it worth continuing and if so, should I bother with any LST (enough time to develop the shoots?) or just let her rip au naturale and see what happens?

2 Likes

She looks healthy. I’d let her grow out.

We see too many people that want to LST for LST sake without thinking about what they want the LST to accomplish, which is usually improved airflow and light penetration. Neither are necessary at this point, imho.

5 Likes

@HChinaski. Mine were all stunted runt clones. 10 weeks later they are bushes.

4 Likes

Keep growing, we all have had similar situations and let the dice roll only to be happy with the results ::of letting the plant grow. happy growing :rofl: :bat:

4 Likes

I’m no expert, so please get a second opinion!

She will start flowering anytime. Not much you can do… I wouldn’t do much to her at this stage.

If she goes or not… me I would ask myself this

What else do i plan to put in here place?

Is the space worth a semi productive plant?

1 Like

I missed that she was an auto. Yeah, training of auto isn’t really too much of a good idea. I would let her do her thing on her own.

3 Likes

@outdooring Great point about opportunity cost. I have three others at late Week 2 all strong and on schedule and only a 3’x3’x6’ tent. My plan is to let my runt keep going just to see what happens and get some experience (it’s my first surviving plant) while I tend to the others which are four weeks behind her. If space becomes an issue I’ll sort it out then.

@HChinaski. I too did not realize it was an auto flower. My bad, I only have attempted to grow photos.

Only pull her if it’s a space issue. As others have said, you never know!

1 Like

Grow her. I had an auto that i topped and then it had PM. She was sad looking but pulled 2 oz of good smoke from her by the end

2 Likes

On she grows then…Thanks all!

We newer growers will also panic. You do not want to be a panicky killer. If you are going to be a killer, it must be done as coldly as possible, not in a sudden terror of “oh no I am growing a runt what did I do wrong kill it!”

I’m just a beginner who has made a ton of mistakes… but I would rather waste space than kill a plant personally. I had a runt everyone said to chop, but it produced nearly an oz. Sure, I could have wasted a month and killed it and spent 3 months on a new one that gave me 3 oz… Even if I had to let something grow outside of the tent, I’d rather do that than kill it.

4 Likes

@Tinymight_Autoflowerer

I understand! I have five in a place only big enough for four. I couldn’t bring myself to pick one to take out.

3 Likes

Do you have an update? This is what mine is doing also. It’s just nstarting to come back

2 Likes

I don’t really aee a big problem because she hasn’t gone to flower and is still growing. In that explosive phase if veg right now. Ride her out she might surprise you

1 Like

I would let her go. No training at all. Very little pruning. She will most likely surprise you.

1 Like

Dayam… that original post is a year old

That plant is done LOL

2 Likes

Let her grow. It turned out great! Plus it’s another valuable learning experience. Enjoy!

2 Likes

She did indeed. Thanks!

2 Likes

Do you have an old picture by chance?